DBXL - E Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foster Parnell

Hey All, First post here. Im not new to R/C just new to this place! Im having a hard time finding the correct info about the shock set-up on the DBXL - E. Bought my buggy brand new and it had a leaky rear left shock from the get go, i pulled it apart to find the piston(the plastic piece attached to the top of the shock shaft) was completely shattered. The manual says the stock oil is 40wt, local hobby shop and random forums/threads state the rear shock oil is 3000wt diff fluid and the front is 40wt shock oil. My next question is i recieved a bunch of pistons and they all have different writing on the back of them (1.9, 2.1, 2.2, etc.). I assume that is the mm of the holes drilled into them? If this is the case what is the correct one for the rear shock? I fixed the shock but now the rebound is completely off, so its either the wrong fluid/oil or i have the wrong piston. Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. i can't find anything in the owners manual to answer these questions, all i see it says is replacing shock oil with 40wt when cleaning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks