DBXL running time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks.

I have a DBXL-E, it's completely standard electrics at the moment, with 2x Gens 4s ace 5760s I get around 6 minutes of general bash running which includes hardly any full throttle. It also cuts dead now and then, but runs well again (fish) after restarting.

I believe the standard esc is a rebadged hobbywing? without the ability to turn off the low voltage protection. Is this the problem here? Are these batteries not up to the task? Is the standard Fuse motor a bit pap?

I know there are diminishing returns for spending increasing cash on batteries, but without very expensive research I have no idea where the lines should be drawn. Is there much to be gained on splashing out on a couple of of 10,000mah units?

I have plans to upgrade but, if this is acceptable performance I may as well stay with what I have for now.

I also have a 5ive T on the bench which is being converted, I'll be putting the well proven Castle Mamba XLX and motor combo in that to start with, battery advice for that setup would be appreciated.

As a more general question, would you get more running time from pushing 8s flat out, or 12s at 75%

Many thanks.

Bud bout all I can say is electric is expensive. Explosive power yes.Extremely hard on the drivetrain yes.. You could get better batteries but you wont gain much runtime and the electrics would get hotter with the longer run times without upgrading esc, motor kv, gearing..

Not trying to step on your toes but Gasoline power engines these days are very powerful and you can get 45 min runtimes with less money than electric...

Last edited:
Agreed! Pyrom!ke is on to something here. The only issue I see is noise but, this can be quiter with a pipe. If your worried about noise your running it somewhere to small for comfort usually; subdivisions, small parking lots etc. Most of the time nobody complains they always seem to get side tracked and start watching my 5b rip a field up.

Yeah, unfortunately I can't run liquids, a few years ago when I lived out in the wilds it wouldn't have been a problem, but following a road accident and a wheelchair becoming my feet I've had to move to a more built up area. I have a large garden but I still have neighbours. While part of me says f' them, a slightly larger part of me says I'd like to keep the peace!!

Thanks for the input though, at least I know there isn't anything particularly wrong. :eek:)

I see man. The way to figure out whats best then is to figure out what is fast enough for you??.. If its stupid fast or even wheelying easy then chances are its too powerful and draining power quickly.. If thats the case use a smaller pinion to slow it down and take load off the engine.. That would be a good way to get longer runtimes.. Electric setups are a perfect balance of setup to make it the most efficient. Im sure if you slow it down with gearing you could gain a minute or 2 and still probably stupid fast...

None of my gas 1/5th scales will wheely and they are plenty fast..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks