Dbxl shocks question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRC

Hi guys,

why the dbxl uses diff oil instead fo shock oil? i was comparing with a km t1000 truck, and the km compress and rebounds better, more softer and rebounds more quick, looks like it can take and absorve better the bumps, jumps. I changed the diff oil on the shocks from stock 3000 to 5000, and im using the ddm springs. Also Hemistorm on his review video, shows and complains about the shocks working very poorly.

Have anyone tried using shock oil?

What can be done to improve them? or the best thing is getting the losi 5 shocks?

Im tempted to try the FID shocks for the losi 5 on the dbxl. Has anyone tried those?

Also, the rcmk xcr 1000 shocks looks better quality than the dbxl, i will wait to see how they go.

Last edited:
Yes one fellow took and closed up the holes and drilled new holes and went to oil
But that was the last anyone heard about it
It can be done but the holes are very big that you have to close up and he said he used a bolt and nut
But that seems like a lot of weight to add to shock
And some were making new pistons no one heard from them again
So you have the ball make us proud

I have not much experience on rc, much less on knowledge on shocks.

So the holes in the piston are too big to use oil? that is the reason to use the diff oil? if so, why they make it like that???

3d printer to make a piston with smaller holes? but i don't know how hard is the plastic used in the printer.

Or make them on a lathe machine?

I am thinking of another 5ive. I had to sell my DBXL and currently have nothing, but thinking of getting back in to this. Something about the class 1 buggy does it for me though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks