DDM Dominator Install on Losi 5IVE-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josegarcia8578

Can someone share a video on how to install the dominator pipe? Any tips? I tried installing tonight but was not successful in the alignment. Any tips?

Also which hardware is used where? Instructions are unclear!

Thanks in advanced!

Longest piece on the back bolts to the exhaust and right side of the engine fan cover and the front has the short piece that bolts to the clutch bell carrier and exhaust i don't have that exhaust anymore sorry i couldnt be more help

Attachments

• 20190214_081531.jpg
    20190214_081531.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 1546867513770.jpg
    1546867513770.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 35
@Teejay112 Yeah, for sure. Ding donuts like no other. I was just worried. I wasnt sure I did wrong by adjust the idle screw instead of the low neddle. Like always, scared of running lean. don't want to hide a lean condition with the idle screw

Do pipe make the engine run richer? Since more gas is pulled into the cylinder?

@Teejay112 Yeah, for sure. Ding donuts like no other. I was just worried. I wasnt sure I did wrong by adjust the idle screw instead of the low neddle. Like always, scared of running lean. don't want to hide a lean condition with the idle screw

Do pipe make the engine run richer? Since more gas is pulled into the cylinder?
It did for me when i put the dominator pipe on

@Teejay112 :
Great. Thanks for the information. Makes me feel better. It makes sense, if runing rich, increasing idle is helping. Correct?
Thats what works for me because i like to keep my engine a little rich i even run mine a bit richer than stock settings and turn the idle up to compensate so it doesn't just cut off because thw idle speed is too low

@Teejay112 Yeah, I'm okay with running rich. It's already fast as heck. I'm not doing competitive racing so that's fine with me. I was just reading/doing research about expansion chambers and some people were saying they were running lean once the pipe was on. That got me confused because technically, atleast from what I read, expansion chambers pack more fuel into the cylinder.

See im not too sure i just know mine seemed to richen up but i always re tune i go to stock settings then a little richer till it doesn't want to idle with out a bit of throttle then i tighten the air screw bit by bit till i have a nice idle thats just my way of doing it to ensure i get enough fuel i don't mind losing a small bit of top speed running rich as long as i see smoke during idling and applying throttle i know im burning enough oil and fuel so im happy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks