DDM Mid High pipe but no wheelies!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splitpin2005

Got my DDM pipe and it really does look the nuts. Fitted i and its also sounds amazing. Only problem is its not wheelie ing my truck!!!

The truck is almost all alloy now other than the radio tray and front uprights. It has standard gearing and clutch also. Will it never wheelie without upgrading my engine. Everyone elses seem to, or is it because there truck is more standard with lighter plastic parts???

I have adjusted the low speed needle, and ticks over and revs great. Is it because i have not adjusted the high speed needle yet???? I really want to know as i cant use my truck for a couple of weeks as away at the moment. Just wanna clear my mind

Please give me some info. I want wheelies really bad. I even made the wheelie bar and fitted it.:no:

Any chance of a vid mate? If not you could always re-ring your mill! Failing that turn your rear tyres round so the cheverons are the other way.Your tyres might be old,if they are they will wheel spin instead of grabbing the road.If you still aren't getting wheelies your adjustments way out or you might just have a worn engine.
J.

I'm new to 'large scale 2-stroke' engines, but not to nitro.
With nitro, it's amazing how much difference some 'fine tuning' can make.

The advice you've just received sounds spot on, but mine wasn't wheeliing with the standard pipe, but started to almost immediately after putting the high end DDM Dom on.

If you believe your engine's not worn, then try tuning it.
For the G260RC they say Low 1.25, High 1.375 (1 3/8), with a tolerance of +/-0.25, which is quite a lot, and risks running too lean in the search for power.
Nitro engines get more power, rev better as you lean them out, ... to a point.
Once you reach this point, you screw out 1/16 to 1/8, or you'll SERIOUSLY overheat the engine.

The other thing with nitro engines is EVERY TIME they tell you to lean the high / main for power / speed as indicated, BEFORE you touch the low. Sounds like you've done the opposite. Is this 'large scale practice' ?

When you are trying to wheelie do your tires just spin or does it bog off the start. I can never get mine too because the tires just spin. You can try swaping your rear tires backward for a bit more grip. Try this, take your model and run it about 1/4 throttle then hit it wot. You should get it to pull wheelies in the middle of the rpms.
You can see some video about half way through to show you what I mean: https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=420

I have tried tuning the high needle to 1 and 3/8 but it just chokes up, and smokes and wont run the best. The best is at 1 and 1/8. Since though i have realised that i may have added the 2stroke oil twice to the petrol. WOuld this make all the difference to the performance and tuning, or would it just smoke a little more than normal?????

Are piston rings a realistic cause??????

How old is the motor? A piston ring would not set you back far to replace.

You would need gaskets for the head, exhaust and mine as well change out the carb gasket. The ring is like 10$ all in all about $20.00+time.

Running 12:1 would make it bog no matter what oil you are using. Mix it back to between 25:1 or 30:1.;)

hi guys
im running amsoil dominator synthetic oil @ 25:1 and stock settings and its very smokey and oily.
im thinking of running 28:1 like trvor simpson says to do so.
any one lese find amsoil very smokey @25 :1 ??
cheers
glen

i run that oil at 80:1 & i no what everybody is thinking I'm crazy but i have run that oil like that in every two stroke i have owned for the last 22 years dirt bikes 4 wheelers weed whackers chainsaws everything. in fact my old baja 5b i bought new in 2006 i ran that 80:1 mix & in 3 years maybe 5 or 6 gallons..i never had to change the plug...I WILL BE A AMSOIL USER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE....

try it @ 25:1 it cant hurt anything...i just never ran that much oil. there are a lot of guys on hpi forum that run that oil @ 25:1

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks