DDM Side Mount Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csp1971

I received it yesterday! :cool2:

I'll post some pics once I mount it up! Sweet looking.

The only downside is that in the box it came in, no DDM sticker. I knew I should have ordered one! ;)

They probably know your hording them in your hobby box scared or confused on where to use them.:clown:

Love to get some vid of it running and your thoughts.:cool2:

Haha! I found one last night on my workbench (just one!). I can't wait to get the pipe mounted. I think tonight I will get it done. My 2 year old loves to "help". He'll use wrenches and stuff on the Baja while I try and work on it. It makes a 10 minute fix about an hour sometimes. LOL

I'll have to video tape it. I haven't done that yet with my cars but I really want to with my Baja. The weather in KC is supposed to be really nice on Sunday (50's) so hopefully I get the opportunity to run it.

Here are my photos of the side mounted DDM, didn't have time to run it yet though. Very easy to mount. Toughest part was carving up the body. It's a sweet looking pipe, I love the looks of it. :cool2:

IMG_9996small.jpg

IMG_9997small.jpg

IMG_9998small.jpg

IMG_9994small.jpg

The red looks HOT! Looks like you have a rocket strapped to the side.:cool2: Whats the difference in performance now?
How are you liking the new shock boots - I like how they show off the spring like that. They don't fall down do they?

Thanks! I haven't even started it up yet....pretty sad, I know. :crying:

The shock covers worked great on my Losi Aftershock so far after a couple tanks. They haven't fallen down yet. They fit pretty snug. I need to give them a good thrashing in a field somewhere though soon.

Me too!

I feel your pain!!!!!! I did "much mods" this winter so far to mine with a new 27.2 and haven't started it either.:no: This crappy weather kills me, I hate to read these lucky guys in all there nice winter weather. 17below on Friday - 40deg today melting all over - Dropping to a high of 10deg tomorrow, snow and sh%ty colder weather to come.:helpsmilie:

You need one of those new red plug caps.

I love black. That thing is awesome. What kind of paint did you use on the Tires? I tried that years and years ago with a Tamiya pair of tires and had one big mess!

I hate this weather. It's snowing now, wind gusts are about 50mph. 50+ degrees when I woke up, an hour later, the temp dropped to 20. I can't imagine being that far north as you are. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Yeah, I was thinking about a red plug gas cap and the TR front and rear shock mounts or whatever they are called. I also want the Ramtech arms all around, phatdad shock shafts, TR clutch bell, OFF rear brake kit......oh to just have future knowledge of knowing whether my job will still be secure after next Tuesday! ;)

I love this thing so much, I am having thoughts of selling my FHMT. I'll have to wait and see though. I really like that truck as well.

Thanks, Our weather - Iknow Iknow my fault for living here - is (-17) with a high of 0 and a wind chill of (-30). why oh, why :no:
Use a testors pen you can get it in any color - Red would be cool.
I thought of selling the Firehammer for upgrades but it's just not worth it in the long run I think I'm to the point of just keeping all of them and just adding on when I can. Like you said before, I miss getting out my old TMaxx I had to sell to get into Large Scale.

You are where you are! KC seems warm compared to Minnesota I guess. I need to look at it that way.

I look at what I have in the FHMT and I think that I would probably get 500 at the most and that's with the crappy radio that came with it. And what will 500 buy me for the Baja, a few upgrades. Just a few! :lol:

As for the Aftershock, when that engine goes, I'll have to decide on either a new engine or a to sell it as a roller.

I'll have to check out those markers! Never thought of a paint marker. I just figured you were brush painting them.

I got mine and fitted it lastnight.I haven't had the chance to run it yet tho:( .The only fitting problem i had was getting the rear cylinder bolts in because my hands must be to big.I dropped one of the screws about 20 times:) .I to found the worst bit cutting up the body.I had to cut quite a bit away and it is still pressing on the bracket so i don't know how long it will last with vibrations before it cracks rite threw.I have seen some that have hardly any of the body cut away but maybe they are useing modded brackets?I must admit i wasnt a fan of the look of this pipe when i saw pics of it fitted but in the flesh it looks alot better.I am going to run it on my 23 at first but have a 28.5 sitting here that i will fit in the summer:) .

I got mine and fitted it lastnight.I haven't had the chance to run it yet tho:( .The only fitting problem i had was getting the rear cylinder bolts in because my hands must be to big.I dropped one of the screws about 20 times:) .I to found the worst bit cutting up the body.I had to cut quite a bit away and it is still pressing on the bracket so i don't know how long it will last with vibrations before it cracks rite threw.I have seen some that have hardly any of the body cut away but maybe they are useing modded brackets?I must admit i wasnt a fan of the look of this pipe when i saw pics of it fitted but in the flesh it looks alot better.I am going to run it on my 23 at first but have a 28.5 sitting here that i will fit in the summer:) .

My hands are small and i had trouble with those screws. Took a long time to get them in place. Cutting the body was a pain too. I'll be running mine with a 23 as well. If you run yours first, let me know how it goes!

I am going to start it up today to see how it sounds:) .I cant drive it yet tho as i have the lights hanging out the front of it and i am waiting for one of modifiers front light mounts to turn up.Hopefully it will be here soon so i can take it for a run:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks