deans connectors on a brushless 1/5th scale?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really?

because less than 48 hours ago you were claiming your velineon system pulled 200amps, which that esc will never handle, let alone the motor.

I don't have to do any reading? I've measured my brushless savage to draw 160+amps peak.

what are you even trying to say :/

you were referring to the amps and mentioned teh deans only handled 50 amps so i read the box of the velineon system to prove a point that you cannot go by amp ratings, if you like i can sure take a pic of the velineon box to show you what it says the amp rating is and also take a pic of my velineon with a deans on it as well.

i never even knew the rating of the velineon till i looked at the box because of this discussion and i ran across that article while looking for a gearing chart for teh velineon system so you just confirmed what i said you cannot believe what the manufacturer says when it comes to amp draw or what an esc, or plugs "rated amps" are ;)

you were referring to the amps and mentioned teh deans only handled 50 amps so i read the box of the velineon system to prove a point that you cannot go by amp ratings, if you like i can sure take a pic of the velineon box to show you what it says the amp rating is and also take a pic of my velineon with a deans on it as well.

i never even knew the rating of the velineon till i looked at the box because of this discussion and i ran across that article while looking for a gearing chart for teh velineon system so you just confirmed what i said you cannot believe what the manufacturer says when it comes to amp draw or what an esc, or plugs "rated amps" are ;)

as I already said, the velineon system isn't rated at 200amps, its rated at about 65amps, so deans connectors are fine.

as I already said, the velineon system isn't rated at 200amps, its rated at about 65amps, so deans connectors are fine.

ok so you say teh velineon is rated for 65 amps first i am saying you cannot believe manufacturers then for proof i submit the folowing pic of the velineon box where it shows 200 A continuous current 320 a peak current:

0426012159.gif

also you stated the deans are only rated for 50a but yet now you are saying deans is fine for a velineon rated 65a????? by your comment the deans would NOT be capable of being run on a velineon if the plug is only rated for 50 a and the velineon 65a ;)

ok so you say teh velineon is rated for 65 amps first i am saying you cannot believe manufacturers then for proof i submit the folowing pic of the velineon box where it shows 200 A continuous current 320 a peak current:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee116/lordraptor1/0426012159.jpg

also you stated the deans are only rated for 50a but yet now you are saying deans is fine for a velineon rated 65a????? by your comment the deans would NOT be capable of being run on a velineon if the plug is only rated for 50 a and the velineon 65a ;)

you really don't have a clue do you.

the deans might be rated at 50amps constant, but they'll happily handle twice that without getting too warm.

every connector is like this, they'll have a constant current rating, but in an application like an RC car you'll very rarely be drawing excess current for any extended period.

what are you even trying to argue?

the velineon esc might be claimed to supply 200amps, but it never will, and the motor can only handle 65amps constant anyway.

the 1/5th esc is most likely rated at 200amp constant, and I wouldn't doubt that in a baja it'll be pulling that much current!

you really don't have a clue do you.

the deans might be rated at 50amps constant, but they'll happily handle twice that without getting too warm.

every connector is like this, they'll have a constant current rating, but in an application like an RC car you'll very rarely be drawing excess current for any extended period.

what are you even trying to argue?

the velineon esc might be claimed to supply 200amps, but it never will, and the motor can only handle 65amps constant anyway.

the 1/5th esc is most likely rated at 200amp constant, and I wouldn't doubt that in a baja it'll be pulling that much current!

just like you saying that teh deans was the cause of the brushless failure in the brushless baja :rolleyes:, no offense but you need to realise that teh installation of the deans was the problem not the plug itself. any smart individual would have noticed the gauge of hte wire and it to big so i am not arguing i am agreeing wiht you and pointing out that you canNOT believe manufacturers amp ratings :rolleyes: and also trying ot point out that a deans WILL work on a brushless esc provided the guage of the wire will fit to the plugs without overlapping which the overlap might ultimately result in a short and a toasted esc.

do you understand now or do you need pics with stick figures for clarification :rolleyes:

just like you saying that teh deans was the cause of the brushless failure in the brushless baja :rolleyes:, no offense but you need to realise that teh installation of the deans was the problem not the plug itself. any smart individual would have noticed the gauge of hte wire and it to big so i am not arguing i am agreeing wiht you and pointing out that you canNOT believe manufacturers amp ratings :rolleyes: and also trying ot point out that a deans WILL work on a brushless esc provided the guage of the wire will fit to the plugs without overlapping which the overlap might ultimately result in a short and a toasted esc.

do you understand now or do you need pics with stick figures for clarification :rolleyes:

is this meant to be an attempt at humour?

I never said you couldn't use deans connectors on a brushless setup.

I said you shouldn't use deans on a 1/5th esc!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks