Deleted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

View attachment 54656
I've been in rc for the past 40 years and can count the amount of RC-running associates I've had on the fingers of one hand. I guess it all depends on where you happen to live. Enclaves of rc car/truck enthusiasts seem to be found in specific cities and not in others.

My initial foray into rc cars was in Guyana, South America where, generally, RC cars and such was the dominion of children. I've been accosted a few times for being "a grown man who should do something better with his time other than playing with toys!" Lol. I was a lonely rc hobbyist in Guyana, South America.

I them migrated to Hackensack, New Jersey where I made 2 friends who were into rc cars/trucks. I felt some hope and even invested in 6 Tamiya on-road cars to get a few more guys interested. That didn't work out too well, and soon the pair of rc buddies I met got caught up with life and I stopped seeing them. And so, I became a lonely hobbyist in Hackensack, New Jersey.

I'm now living in Loganville, Georgia (for me, the most rc unaware place I've ever been to. Lol) and I continue to play by myself.

Gawwdamn! The rc hobby can be a lonely one if you're in the wrong place!

So, are you luckier than me?

View attachment 54656
I've been in rc for the past 40 years and can count the number of RC-running associates I've had on the fingers of one hand. I guess it all depends on where you happen to live. Enclaves of rc car/truck enthusiasts seem to be found in specific cities and not in others.

My initial foray into rc cars was in Guyana, South America where, generally, RC cars and such was the dominion of children. I've been accosted a few times for being "a grown man who should do something better with his time other than playing with toys!" Lol. I was a lonely rc hobbyist in Guyana, South America.

I them migrated to Hackensack, New Jersey where I made 2 friends who were into rc cars/trucks. I felt some hope and even invested in 6 Tamiya on-road cars to get a few more guys interested. That didn't work out too well, and soon the pair of rc buddies I met got caught up with life and I stopped seeing them. And so, I became a lonely hobbyist in Hackensack, New Jersey.

I'm now living in Loganville, Georgia (for me, the most rc unaware place I've ever been to. Lol) and I continue to play by myself.

Gawwdamn! The rc hobby can be a lonely one if you're in the wrong place!

So, are you luckier than me?
Nope, I share in your sorrow, I too play alone. I have extra cars for anyone who wants to bash em. 12 acres with a circle track and spots for general bashing. Yet still can't convince a soul that its worth getting into the hobby. I think a big part of it is cost. A 1k+ toy that breaks often is a hard sell to most people.

Know how u feel dude..?..I've spent most of my time bashing on me own..?.....and I've had the "u should grow up mate" comments :rolleyes: .or them looks from general public :rolleyes: ...thats ? what i say to them?....obv there r times when I'm with 1 or 2 others.....which is 10000% times better☺ but that's not very often.?....but its not gonna stop me enjoying my hobby ...?
And if u can get urselfs to bashfest ...obv uk peeps ...then u will have the best day/wk end rc'ing that u've ever had???even if u came on ur own u wont b on ur own for long as everyone talks to everyone?
Nope, I share in your sorrow, I too play alone. I have extra cars for anyone who wants to bash em. 12 acres with a circle track and spots for general bashing. Yet still can't convince a soul that its worth getting into the hobby. I think a big part of it is cost. A 1k+ toy that breaks often is a hard sell to most people.
Agree?...most...no every one who stops n talks when out bashing once i/we tell them how much the rc's cost there jaws hit the floor :eek: ......so yeah toys there not but most only see them as very expensive toys :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What's interesting is that, costwise, it won't matter to those you are hoping to get involved, simply because you have the vehicles for them to try their hands on. But even with that you, apparently, can't get others in your circle interested. What state are you located, by the way?

Thanks evssv, finally you didn't take a phat ? on me ?

Not taking a dump on you Z ,we want to know if you have folks in your area that does RC's!

I don't have no one to run with either ,years ago ,I even pondered of getting some electric 1/10 scales buggy's
for the neighbor hood kids ,an set up a track ,but didnt ,now these days ,people are doing video games an are
glued to their cell phones!

I used to have a load of fellas go bashing with me . Must have been at one point maybe 25 . All with large scale but now when that venue was stopped I have reverted back to just the building and modifying Rc now, Still love the talking and the buying though.
J

RC in general I've been lucky with racing with some good fellas. Large scale is another story. I too think it's the price and available space to run that is the problem with getting others interested. You can take a 8th or 10th scale in the front or back yard to have fun with. A 5th is a whole other beast that needs a road trip usually? It takes a special person to be in to the large scale hobby??

I have only been doing this for a very short time and I have been into multirotors and both are hard to find places and people to have fun with in this hobby.I am in central Jersey and you rarely see anyone with Rc's here 15-20 years ago maybe it was more common but now its non existent.The hobby shops are gone too.I was in Georgia a few years ago and in certain places over there it seems to be much more common.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks