Demon RC - MCD Competition Belt Drive Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DemonRC

This spring we will be releasing our MCD Competition Belt Drive. We have been testing this system for almost a year now and are without a doubt positive that the system is highly reliable and maintenance friendly. The system will be running heavy duty HTD 5M timing belts and pulleys. Our belts are custom made using the best materials for this application. The advantages of running a timing belt versus gears is that a timing belt is more efficient, smoother running, and of course doesn't make noise. The system eliminates the use of the center shaft, it's duel bearings, and the two center gears which cuts down alot of rotating mass.

Please note: The gear plate was originally engineered based off a EVO2 gear plate. The plate has been changed to fit the EVO4. The only difference between the plates is that the upper plate mounting hole has been moved to the center of the plate instead of being offset to one side. It's only about a 1mm change. So if your running a EVO2 or 3 you have the choice of moving the hole slightly on your upper plate or filling the hole in our plate with JB weld and drilling and retapping a new hole.

The MCD kit will include the following pieces (everything in the pictures):

Alloy gear plate
Alloy engine mounts
Vented clutchbell
New layshaft
New brake square to fit the new shaft
Two pulleys of your choice
Timing belt
Nuts and washers
Bearings

Click the following link to view more images of the MCD belt drive.

http://www.demonrc.com/gallery.aspx?c=MCD Competition Belt Drive Renderings

Single%20Speed%20-%20MCD%20Assembled.gif

Last edited:
For the hard of thinking....er me, can someone tell me the benefit over the gears that the belt system gives?

The advantages of running a timing belt versus gears is that a timing belt is more efficient, smoother running, and of course doesn't make noise. The system eliminates the use of the center shaft, it's duel bearings, and the two center gears which cuts down alot of rotating mass.

The disadvantages or running the belt drive is you can no longer identify which car on the track is yours from the metallic clanging sounds. :w00t:

We're aiming at $225 retail. Don't quote me on that. We may have additional material cost, steel hardening, and coating fees.

I'm very interested to see how this new product turns out. I'm a big fan of of MCD so this has got my attention.

Interesting idea, are you going to offer different size cog drives so the gear ratios can be changed? eg, MT, RR, or on road?

We will have the following pulley ratios at release:

28/24
27/25
26/26
25/27
24/28

We will be offering the 29/23 and 30/22 pulleys after release. BTW this is Catchaser from the Redcat forums in case you missed my screen name change.

You guys will have to wait just a little bit longer. We've thrown the biggest baddest motors at it all winter to make sure the belt will hold up under extreme load. We are changing up a few things and hope to be ready for production run within a few more weeks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks