Did I do good on my Leopard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmantoo

Hi, all!

I've had an FG Monster truck for a while, but just got the following, and I'm not sure if it's a Leopard or Marder?

I paid about $450...

Here are the 2 together:
057.gif

It's about 19 inches, axle to axle
038.gif

I'm stoked that it has brakes:
049.gif

It's almost exactly the same wheelbase as the MT
059.gif

O'neil Bros Racing motor
046.gif

2 Speed Transmission:
053.gif

So, can anyone confirm if this is a Leopard?
060.gif

Whatever she is, she's a pretty beast... even if the body is not long for this world:
031.gif

Its a marder mate. The chassis on the leo is straight rather than tapered like the marder and it also has a wider stance. The marder is still a top buggy & will give you hours of fun and they can take a proper beating & just come back for more. You got FG baja wheels & tyres on there. Im not sure the shell is a genuine marder shell - not that it make any difference!

Looks like a nice buy. Have fun :D

You did well

Its a marder mate. The chassis on the leo is straight rather than tapered like the marder and it also has a wider stance. The marder is still a top buggy & will give you hours of fun and they can take a proper beating & just come back for more. You got FG baja wheels & tyres on there. Im not sure the shell is a genuine marder shell - not that it make any difference!

Looks like a nice buy. Have fun :D[/QUOTE

I think you did well. Disc brakes some bling! Looks like a pipe and 2 speed. And what size OBR engine? All for 450.0 not bad in my eyes! I'm waiting for my FG Baha 4WD to come in the mail. it will be my first FG. Looking forward to it. Good luck with your new Marder!!!

Watch the rear arm for stripping your gears. There is a fair amount of flex here and you can see how close they are - looks like there is already some damage to the plastic gear. You can either go for ally arms or add a brace back to the chassis (there is a 'how-to' by Jackobyte on here somewhere!)

Watch the rear arm for stripping your gears. There is a fair amount of flex here and you can see how close they are - looks like there is already some damage to the plastic gear. You can either go for ally arms or add a brace back to the chassis (there is a 'how-to' by Jackobyte on here somewhere!)

Thanks for the advice.

I have already ordered a set of steel gears for the tranny :)

I'm gonna post another thread in the Marder forum... cause that's what it is, lol.

Thanks, guys!

carson

just to let you know the body shell is off a carson attack.
but it is defo a marder.
a leopard looks nothing like a marder.
it runs on a touring car chassis.
totally different front end.
and ther longer and wider.
and the exhaust goes down the side like a touring car.
regards jon

just to let you know the body shell is off a carson attack.
but it is defo a marder.
a leopard looks nothing like a marder.
it runs on a touring car chassis. not strictly true, the leopard race chassis is similar but shorter chassis, no big square hole in the chassis under the engine and it has a kick up.
totally different front end.
and there longer and wider. only at the front, the rear is identical other than the diff riser and the fact that the leopard race came with an alloy diff housing as standard.
and the exhaust goes down the side like a touring car.
regards jon

Just pointed these bits out to help.

Just pointed these bits out to help.

if you read what i said. you would see i said the ( FRONT) end is different.
i never mentioned the rear as all fg's are the same apart from the diff raisers but that had already been mentioned.
BUT ALL SAID AN DONE THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT TO LOOK AT WITH SHELL ON OR OFF.

if you read what i said. you would see i said the ( FRONT) end is different.
i never mentioned the rear as all fg's are the same apart from the diff raisers but that had already been mentioned.
This isn't right either, there are two or three sizes of rear wishbone for things like the GT cars even though the wishbones look the same.

BUT ALL SAID AN DONE THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT TO LOOK AT WITH SHELL ON OR OFF.

If you're going to get arse about it.. you said

The front end is different. this is true.

You also said...

and they're longer and wider. You didn't make it clear that it was wider front and not the rear.

Not being picky but if you're going to moan about having other correct information added then maybe you should just accept the information in the way it was intended.:)

If you're going to get arse about it.. you said

The front end is different. this is true.

You also said...

and they're longer and wider. You didn't make it clear that it was wider front and not the rear.

Not being picky but if you're going to moan about having other correct information added then maybe you should just accept the information in the way it was intended.:)
NOT HAVING A MOAN MATE.
JUST HAD A BAD DAY.
tried to get my lauterbacher going for the first time since may and it was being a stuborn poop.
2 burst blood blisters and a fiddlesticking aching chest from pulling it 50 or 60 times.
found out all it was was the trim had got moved so the dechoked carb wasnt letting the fuel through:mad::mad::mad::mad::lol:.
but running as sweet as a nut now:D:D.
time to start using them again.
sorry if you thought i was being an arse. it wasnt meant at you.;):p

NOT HAVING A MOAN MATE.
JUST HAD A BAD DAY.
tried to get my lauterbacher going for the first time since may and it was being a stuborn poop.
2 burst blood blisters and a fiddlesticking aching chest from pulling it 50 or 60 times.
found out all it was was the trim had got moved so the dechoked carb wasnt letting the fuel through:mad::mad::mad::mad::lol:.
but running as sweet as a nut now:D:D.
time to start using them again.
sorry if you thought i was being an arse. it wasnt meant at you.;):p

No worries, everyone is an arse some times..... Yes - even me!

Get yourself to Notts & derby tomorrow and give it a run there. There will be loads of help with set ups should you need it and probably some cheap spares that people haven't thrown away or sold yet - they were a popular car.

No worries, everyone is an arse some times..... Yes - even me!

Get yourself to Notts & derby tomorrow and give it a run there. There will be loads of help with set ups should you need it and probably some cheap spares that people haven't thrown away or sold yet - they were a popular car.
no can do mate.
got a busy weekend sorting my girlfriends surprise birthday out.

it doesn't take all weekend to put a pink bow on a hammer drill.

don't do it....think of the damage....... holes everywhere and things so out of level you will have to do it all from now on........

Breakfest in bed prepare an exotic breakfast for her (in my case... toast)

Forget the toast....its ok in the morning when your not in bed with her but think of all the crumbs when you climb back in at night...its just not worth the hassle....

buy her a card and give her a few quid and tell her to go shopping....(then go play with a clear mind):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

don't do it....think of the damage....... holes everywhere and things so out of level you will have to do it all from now on........

Forget the toast....its ok in the morning when your not in bed with her but think of all the crumbs when you climb back in at night...its just not worth the hassle....

buy her a card and give her a few quid and tell her to go shopping....(then go play with a clear mind):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
well birthday stuff sorted now phew:lol:
been out today with the lauty for the first time in 4 months and it ran superb.
but im selling it tomoz.
just got my elcon cleon and my full alloy fg leopard left.

well birthday stuff sorted now phew:lol:
been out today with the lauty for the first time in 4 months and it ran superb.
but im selling it tomoz.
just got my elcon cleon and my full alloy fg leopard left.
hi,i think ivre spoken to you before on ebay if you had the laughtabachor and cleon up at the same time,is the cleon still up 4 sale?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks