Diff output drives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner221

When I had the engine out today I noticed the my output drives
dtxc7374.jpg

are a little distorted and at some stage will need replacing. Whats the easiest way to get these out, I'm guessing that the whole diff needs to be removed if this is the case can someone post the best way to go about this.

this is a pic of mine

8fd1d0i.gif

Many thanks

Last edited:
Just FYI, Never let the dif cups get that bad (worn) that is how the dif cage and gears will get mashed up. The additional snap on the gears and the plastic dif cage will eventually take its toll. The good thing is they are DTX diff cups and are sold in a pair, if they where FG's there sold separate and cost double.:( Remove the C clip and metal rod from the arm above and pull out the shaft and remove and insert the new cup.:)

"Remove the C clip and metal rod from the arm above and pull out the shaft and remove and insert the new cup."

It can't be that simple, there I was thinking the whole back end needed to come off.

excellent thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks