Different - MT Slicks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no way mate im going to get some wet tyres as soon as spends allows and see if they work,,,and ive gone off the bug for some reason and just love driving the on road its so nice going flat out into and out of corners on its wheels instead of the bug which ends up on its roof

the touring car was the best money ive ever spent in this hobby its just a great car and with the ecu and 23cc oddie it flys and after a hours run all it needs is a dust off and probaly new tyres depending on the abuse they get

no way mate im going to get some wet tyres as soon as spends allows and see if they work,,,and ive gone off the bug for some reason and just love driving the on road its so nice going flat out into and out of corners on its wheels instead of the bug which ends up on its roof

the touring car was the best money ive ever spent in this hobby its just a great car and with the ecu and 23cc oddie it flys and after a hours run all it needs is a dust off and probaly new tyres depending on the abuse they get

i bet the bug doesn't griproll on tarmac????
mines a bugger if i try to accelerate threw a corner too fast on grass but on tarmac it just understeers if i apply too much throttle in the bends.

man, how can you go off your bug already ? you just upgraded and spent a small fortune on it.
i think now im running abit more power in my fg ,it has given it a new lease of life.

ive not gone off the bug as such it needs a good setup that im happy with i had it nailed with the 23cc but the new engine has changed the car and it don't behave like it did before i just need a day with it testing different setup's,,,at least its not getting broken and it stays clean longer this way

Back to the original thread ....
I've now had to remove the slicks as the inclement weather means I just cannot use them!
Once it ventured onto grass, it was doing instant donuts.
Now, I've refitted the MCD Chevron tyred alloys and it's planted again, almost 3/4 as good as my LST2 - and that's 4x4!!
Al.

Back to the original thread ....
I've now had to remove the slicks as the inclement weather means I just cannot use them!
Once it ventured onto grass, it was doing instant donuts.
Now, I've refitted the MCD Chevron tyred alloys and it's planted again, almost 3/4 as good as my LST2 - and that's 4x4!!
Al.

any upto date pics al be good to see it again

Thanks mate.

I'll see what I can do. It is a beast!
Realised I'd had the rear suspension geometry out - now sorted. I'd clamped the hub onto the steel hinge pin and placed a clip on the wrong side! Result was obviously poor movement - now very smooth.
Also had lost a few clips at the front - now rectified.

Back upstairs in the 'office' keeping out of the way of any visitors - it is a tad intimidating. Always love it when I'm asked to fire it up!! :lol::w00t:
Never expect it to go like a scalded cat!
Al.

Thanks mate.

I'll see what I can do. It is a beast!
Realised I'd had the rear suspension geometry out - now sorted. I'd clamped the hub onto the steel hinge pin and placed a clip on the wrong side! Al.

It was OK with the old Al arms, but the action became a bit stiff when I replaced them with the Ti ones - look nice anyway, but are actually more difficult to access to adjust than the old alloy ones with the 'hex section' the full length!!
The Al ones must have been a little bent!
Sorted now anyway.
Great fun!!
Al.

i keep looking at them mate are they any good i couldnt even pull away with the grp a's and b's and that was just starting to rain

i have PMT rain 50s,100,200s
MEDIAL blues and reds treaded
MEDIAL PRO SLICKS blues and reds never tried them cus cant get head round slicks in wet......next time have wet meeting im trying:)

mine don't even pull away in the dry, i think my set of pmt;s and grp's are older then i bloody am.
Al, want to try my moster slicks today but again a very cold day,once warmed up they will stick,are a greatb tyre

You're right, once warmed, and the surface is dry, they stick quite well, but a few drops of moisture, and certainly a few blades of grass, then it's hopeless!!
Hope you had fun.
Mine's back on the chevrons for now - much safer with all of the curious kids around!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks