Different problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Leavitt

I am at a loss with my adjustable 4-shoe carbon clutch, does anybody know what I can do to make the clutch springadjustment set screwsto stay where I adjust it to!? Hahaha I've tried medium strength lock tight with no luck. Please help. Hahaha thanks

Pictures?
Picturesof what I have the clutch installed, the set screws just keep loosening off while I'm running after they were just fine to start with. Hahaha and I have a solid clutch housing, so it's not visible except for the small hole in the housing to adjust the set screws.

Pictures of the mechanism your trying to keep the set screw in. I'm sure many, including myself, have not seen the 4 shoe clutch with which you are having problems with. Pics are worth 1000s of words and maybe someone can see an issue that you may have overlooked. I would have suggested loctite but if you have already tried that maybe there is something mechanical that needs to be addressed. Without seeing the issue it would be hard to make suggestions.

Pictures of the mechanism your trying to keep the set screw in. I'm sure many, including myself, have not seen the 4 shoe clutch with which you are having problems with. Pics are worth 1000s of words and maybe someone can see an issue that you may have overlooked. I would have suggested loctite but if you have already tried that maybe there is something mechanical that needs to be addressed. Without seeing the issue it would be hard to make suggestions.
It's a MadMax Speed 2 4-shoe adjustable carbon clutch system, I can send a picture of the King Motor clutch that's the same thing, but I'll have to dig it up. Hahaha gimme a bit. And thank you for your help

No problem?? I don't think I need more info. What type of Loctite are you using?
Permatex blue medium strength, that's the only kind our NAPA caries, if there's better please let me know what kind?. Thank you
No problem?? I don't think I need more info. What type of Loctite are you using?
And I think I might have sent the picture wrong, I just sent it to the forum don't know if it matters?

I would have suggested the blue Permatex. Do you let it setup overnight before running it? How often do you t
I would have suggested the blue Permatex. Do you let it setup overnight before running it? How often do you adjust it?
I was just going to ask how long it takes to set up, and I only adjust it when I have to usually every time I try it because it loosens off. I did the lock tight this afternoon about 11-12,so hopefully by tomorrow at the same time it'll be good to go and hopefully it's right?!. Hahaha thank you for your input, I really appreciate it

Right on that sounds like an awesome fix,didn't know they made stuff like that. Hahaha thank you gonna look at them right now

What kind of set screws does it use ? Are they flat on the end ? Or do they have a point or cup on the end. http://www.atlanticfasteners.com/tech-tips/set-screw-point-styles-and-their-use/ , https://www.mcmaster.com/set-screws Knurl Grip- cup point 2/3s of the way down the page . With a little bit of blue loctite should keep them tight .

What kind of set screws does it use ? Are they flat on the end ? Or do they have a point or cup on the end. http://www.atlanticfasteners.com/tech-tips/set-screw-point-styles-and-their-use/ , https://www.mcmaster.com/set-screws Knurl Grip- cup point 2/3s of the way down the page . With a little bit of blue loctite should keep them tight .
That's the ones I'm gonna go with, they have a double lock!. Hahaha thank you very much, I haven't tried it since I putthe lock tight on yesterday hopefully it'll hold until I get the nylon knarl grip set screws.
That's the ones I'm gonna go with, they have a double lock!. Hahaha thank you very much, I haven't tried it since I putthe lock tight on yesterday hopefully it'll hold until I get the nylon knarl grip set screws.
I'm going to the hardware store to use the size chart, so I get the right size and thread.

Pound a fishing sinker as flat as a sheet or thinner of paper, pure lead only! . cut thin strips with x-acto to fit in 50% of bore size and screw in grub screw. go slow!. this will stop the most problem back offs out there

Screw that and buy the right set screw for the job. No bandaids. It's to bad that the Manufacturer of the parts didn't spec the correct part from the begining . I don't beleave in half assing things .

Check and clean the set screws, set it where you want it, and use Red Loctite and let it set. That should hold it. It can still be removed, just takes some doing.

Is there enough room to run a second set screw in? If so, a second screw ran in on top of the first and blue loctite on both should hold just fine

Is there enough room to run a second set screw in? If so, a second screw ran in on top of the first and blue loctite on both should hold just fine
No, and I tried to put one of my LST XXL2-E cvd set screw in it's the same diameter but half the length and it doesn't fit in the clutch bell unless I tighten it down to tight. Hahaha I got some knarl tipped set screws, they have a saraited cup end. Hopefully they will dig in and hold?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks