Diffirent Dif's?

Witch One?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, Elcon looks the toughest, but I was reading this

"NOTE: THE CUPS ARE INCLUDED WITH THE DIFF AND REQUIRE THE BALL DRIVE SYSTEM. YOU CAN NOT USE DOG BONES WITH THIS DIFFERENTIAL. "

Has anybody tried this set-up. If so, what is the advantage???

I noticed that too but couldn't find a kit to switch to a ball drive system - another reason why I never bought the Elcon yet.

-Michael

I agree, Elcon looks the toughest, but I was reading this

"NOTE: THE CUPS ARE INCLUDED WITH THE DIFF AND REQUIRE THE BALL DRIVE SYSTEM. YOU CAN NOT USE DOG BONES WITH THIS DIFFERENTIAL. "

Has anybody tried this set-up. If so, what is the advantage???
the ball drives can handle more power and have balls that wear out instead of cups or dogbones. the disadvantage is they don't let the arms travel as much as the dogbones.

Yes, but with that upgrade won't you have to get the XL wishbones as well?? If so, the Elcon is nice....but definatly in the high roller catagory.

You can get both std. lenght Elcon reinforced Ball drive axes and the XL ones.

You only need the XL ones if you choose the XL Lower Rear A-Arms.

You can also use the FG Ball drive axes and outer cups/wheel axes, and also the Lauterbacher ones.

You can get both std. lenght Elcon reinforced Ball drive axes and the XL ones.

You only need the XL ones if you choose the XL Lower Rear A-Arms.

You can also use the FG Ball drive axes and outer cups/wheel axes, and also the Lauterbacher ones.

Wow, you're right. I just checked on Elcon's website. BUT, I did see this...

"The raised diff mounts are required for enough clearance from the chassis in order the diff to run free"

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Elcon diff is a minimum $350.00 with the mounts!!!! I better start going door to door and see if I can wash cars and mow lawns.........:helpsmilie:

You can also use the FG Diff raisers as comes std. on the Leopard Race and FG Touring cars.
You can make your own risers out of a 5-8mm thick alu. (Sorry, don't remember the thickness)
You can make a hole in the chassis, to make the diff. fit
Or you can use the Elcon rear Diff holders that are raised.

One of those options are also needed when using the FG adjustable diffs.

I forgot: When using diff raisers with FG off-road cars, then Leopard Race Engine mounts often makes things fit better.

But, as a friend have done, you can just shim the Triangle plate, to make it fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks