Diffs and Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up guys. I finished all my upgrades on my DBXL. I'm a long time racer in nitro and electric. Want to race 5th scale now. Any ideas on diff and shock oil set up?

Well here's what we run and car was fast 50000 front 100000 center 30000 rear and 7000 all the way around in shocks with DDM springs hard
But be ware if you're track has big jumps and your on the gas it is going to break the pins in the drive shafts

I run a stock 26 out of one of my 5ives and I want a 320 but the buggy may not survive it also I don't think it will run for 20 min with the 320 and a stock stock gas tank its small I run a 28 BZM in my 5ive and it will barely run for 30 min with twice the gas
So let me know how long they will run
That's the way I'm looking to go to

Last edited:
I also have a Baja 5sc. I think I will swap engines and see how it likes it. The 5sc is cool but I like 4 wheel drive a lot better. I screwed up and put a solid diff in the 5sc. Went off some big jumps and snapped the outdrive axles. That sucked.

I run diff oil from my atv's in my diffs, its super light. I got tired of breaking stuff with my obr 30.5 prostock. Still handles good enough for a non racer. I also run 7k in my shocks. And I get just at 20 min on one tank.

Well here's what we run and car was fast 50000 front 100000 center 30000 rear and 7000 all the way around in shocks with DDM springs hard
But be ware if you're track has big jumps and your on the gas it is going to break the pins in the drive shafts

what about with flm driveshafts, you still snapping pins then or you running stock shafts?

Yes broke one two weeks ago front out by wheel and it was playing on dirt oval
Nothing has changed Iv just been playing with car not racing it's my play car when some one says let's go run 1/5 scale car I grab it and let 5ives sit

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks