Do I need a new radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Fast

I have a Rovan RC and the radio and receiver that came with it. After a while, I noticed that my turning has become significantly large as I have mentioned in other threads. I have bought a new Hitec HS-5805MG Digital Mega Servo hoping that would solve my issue. It did not.

Im I left with replacing the radio? Its a skyfly radio.

Im probability answering my own question, but would like input.

Also in many radios there is dual rate and endpoint adjustment, make sure you are getting maximum steering throw by turning them up to 100% or more if possible. You want them to travel all the way w/o bottoming which would hurt the servo gears......

Did you check the servo saver? It could just need tightening.
I have found that I needed to tighten mine down a lot to stop it from slipping. In fact be careful if you tighten down too much it will drag on the frame. I drilled the access hole out bigger and then removed the screw completely through the now bigger hole. I replaced it with the next shortest screw and Loctite'd it. Problem is now fixed. I had to do this on both my Rovan's.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks