do your steering setup right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraine

on the tub straight under servo saver arm is a hole in tub floor, Take your little link arm off saver from servo and move the rack back and forth and line up tub hole and servo saver arm hole . run a long M3 screw up through bottom of tub all the way through saver arm and lock in place so it is tight so it will not move side to side, Don't tweek servo saver arm. with this done the steering is in true center of its swing and tub mount pivots. Now do your tie rods for what ever you want to set them at but at the same time keep front a-arms close to level [ back off preload on front springs till done with settings to help with level a-arms ] This way of doing the front works the best as things stay put as you wrench on it........

on the tub straight under servo saver arm is a hole in tub floor, Take your little link arm off saver from servo and move the rack back and forth and line up tub hole and servo saver arm hole . run a long M3 screw up through bottom of tub all the way through saver arm and lock in place so it is tight so it will not move side to side, Don't tweek servo saver arm. with this done the steering is in true center of its swing and tub mount pivots. Now do your tie rods for what ever you want to set them at but at the same time keep front a-arms close to level [ back off preload on front springs till done with settings to help with level a-arms ] This way of doing the front works the best as things stay put as you wrench on it........
Nice tip?? I'm gonna try this??

I made a few tee nuts on lathe with the 3mm long stud on them that fit the hole in tub tite so you could check anytime without tools to have in pocket when out running , every single one found a new home when the boy;s seen how great it worked. I do think HPI made that stamp hole just to do this but it got lost down the road to tell us why it is there. It works on the rovan and kingmotor cars also. The TR steering rack is a little longer in arm and needs a hole just inboard on their control arm to do this tune tip. So the way I look at it TR did not even put 2&2 together on why the hole is there also...They made the control arm longer so they could claim their rack works way better, It does but at a cost. the longer arm makes for a weird throw at the servo horn to make center work right and with a 15 tooth spline in horn one tooth or the other is too much . I redrilled my TR HD rack to HPI hole placement spec and now the throw is the way HPI made it to work with outer steering hub wheel swing and servo center horn position....

It is not a mod!!!! just a long screw up through chassis hole that is already there from factory . All this does is hold the rack in center so you can do the rest of work on front end without it moving all over the place while wrenching on it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks