Does the Zenaoh motors fit around the drive shaft better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csdilligaf

I have a RR V4 and I just had a CY motor die on me and had a spare so I started to grind the case for clearance over the drive shaft. Noteing that the engine that came in the car had been rubbing the drive shaft I tried to take just a little more and ended up breaking thru the case. So now I am JB welding some stainless steel shim stock over the hole. I want a better motor anyway so if I buy a Zenaoh G290RC motor do the have the same problem with getting enough clearance? Why don't the make the drive shaft lower or have a better fix than cutting up your case? I looked on the MCD.com forum with no luck and have been trying for months to register so I can post but they don't ever let me sign up.
What is the best way to go?

thanks,

Last edited:
you will have to grind the zen too i got the cat 5 motor from large scale rc an they ground it for me the cat 5 has been a good motor have ran it for 2 years know still running strong

if you do not have a milling machine :rolleyes:

then its safer to file out the clearance useing the same size dia rat tail file

that the drive shaft is.....don't take to much off or you will end up fu**ed

take it a bit at a time

before you start check that your drive shaft is not bent at all:D

K....

Just installed the same engine in my rrv4. I compared with my old cy and it was pretty much the same clearance. You really don't need to remove much. I did it with a dremel. There is a good thread with pictures on the mcd forum. Good luck. Also if you buy from largescalerc they will do the job at no cost but not at DDM.

Yeh, thats the link I have been trying to use to sign up for MCDRC forum. I have done it 4-5 times and never get accepted. On one thread the Harry(sumethin) says he is having problems signing up new people. Or maybe he just do like me! I will do the Zen on my mill this time to cut the clearance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks