Don't buy this head upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does state 'returns accepted if product not as described', have you been down any of these 'channels' yet?

Al.

I have asked for a partial refund, as the bit highlighted in my pic broke off (very easily), so I just whacked it back together and it does run. However when you turn the engine over there is a slight knock or rock as it moves through BDC. The compression is very high too... Not sure if this is normal....Not sure on the squish, need to measure that.

As I have put it back together and run it then I can't really send it back!

So not sure what to do next....

1. Run it until it goes bang and probably trash the bottom end too
2. Buy another (good) piston and head kit for around £80
3. Spend over £200 on a decent Zenoah engine.....

Basically a bit gutted as not got a good engine now and yet again I learn the hard way about being tight and that doesn't work in the 1/5 scale game!

Attachments

• CY Engine.jpg
    CY Engine.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 23
I have asked for a partial refund, as the bit highlighted in my pic broke off (very easily), so I just whacked it back together and it does run. However when you turn the engine over there is a slight knock or rock as it moves through BDC. The compression is very high too... Not sure if this is normal....Not sure on the squish, need to measure that.

As I have put it back together and run it then I can't really send it back!

So not sure what to do next....

1. Run it until it goes bang and probably trash the bottom end too
2. Buy another (good) piston and head kit for around £80
3. Spend over £200 on a decent Zenoah engine.....

Basically a bit gutted as not got a good engine now and yet again I learn the hard way about being tight and that doesn't work in the 1/5 scale game!
Buy the Zenoah and have a reliable engine
Like you I learnt from experience it doesn't pay to buy cheap

I was always told stay away from cheap head kits...so I got my genuine cy head kit from rob @ irc..
http://www.innovative-rc.com/
..fitted it and my db is running like a champ now
this is the 3rd tank......I had a 2-3 tank old stock 23cc 2 bolt I bought off e bay....and rob had a few cy kits luckily enuff....this thing is so much better now its petrol rather then brushless.....

Last edited:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32735195690.html 30.5cc/29cc top end, $28.00 /each

- 4 bolt, includes piston, ring, wrist pin, clips, wrist pin bearing, gaskets, bolts, spark plug

pull start w metal cog, $8.00 /each

carburetor $14.00 / each

baja cage handle 66158, $4.00/each

The cylinder head you bought from Ali Exp... is 2 bolt. You should have bought the 4 bolt. I bought two top ends at 28 each 4 bolt; cylinder head, piston, pin, wrist pin bearing, gasket etc, you know exactly like yours but the 4 hole design. Already used one of the kits and fired right up on the second to third pull. Still breakin the engine, only a tank so far. The engine has no settled yet and can tell it still doing its thing. To my surprise it seems to have more compression.

Had this issue it would not turn on and only w choke, which tells me it is lean. Thr same deal on the top end, right away I can tell once this engine wakes up its going to be nice. Had to give it CCW on both low and high to keep it running with consistent powerband, else it would bug down once wot.

This new top end likes fuel

Its unfortunate you bought the wrong one, it happens, I got all kinds of parts that I have to find the time and sell on Ebay, things that I buy and then have no use or don't fit. Keep an eye on that top end, retorque as necessary and have spare gaskets jic.

Besides, the squish will destroy the spark plug if its too high like you say. Something don't add up. I have bought plenty of times. Its no ebay for sure but you will get your money back if you follow their policies. You should have known better of manually move the engine, checking for squish is a matter of using solder into the chamber and like I said the spark plug electrode will bend. So it seems you bite more than you can chew, and its the seller's fault now...

You can still get full refund if you mounted it and done deal which I have done. Yes, will take pictures and possibly videos as their ARE plenty of buyers who want the seller pay for their mistakes.

Last edited:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32735195690.html 30.5cc/29cc top end, $28.00 /each

- 4 bolt, includes piston, ring, wrist pin, clips, wrist pin bearing, gaskets, bolts, spark plug

pull start w metal cog, $8.00 /each

carburetor $14.00 / each

baja cage handle 66158, $4.00/each

The cylinder head you bought from Ali Exp... is 2 bolt. You should have bought the 4 bolt. I bought two top ends at 28 each 4 bolt; cylinder head, piston, pin, wrist pin bearing, gasket etc, you know exactly like yours but the 4 hole design. Already used one of the kits and fired right up on the second to third pull. Still breakin the engine, only a tank so far. The engine has no settled yet and can tell it still doing its thing. To my surprise it seems to have more compression.

Had this issue it would not turn on and only w choke, which tells me it is lean. Thr same deal on the top end, right away I can tell once this engine wakes up its going to be nice. Had to give it CCW on both low and high to keep it running with consistent powerband, else it would bug down once wot.

This new top end likes fuel

Its unfortunate you bought the wrong one, it happens, I got all kinds of parts that I have to find the time and sell on Ebay, things that I buy and then have no use or don't fit. Keep an eye on that top end, retorque as necessary and have spare gaskets jic.

Besides, the squish will destroy the spark plug if its too high like you say. Something don't add up. I have bought plenty of times. Its no ebay for sure but you will get your money back if you follow their policies. You should have known better of manually move the engine, checking for squish is a matter of using solder into the chamber and like I said the spark plug electrode will bend. So it seems you bite more than you can chew, and its the seller's fault now...

You can still get full refund if you mounted it and done deal which I have done. Yes, will take pictures and possibly videos as their ARE plenty of buyers who want the seller pay for their mistakes.

Thanks, but how do you fit a 4 bolt insulator to a 2 bolt crankcase? Or have I misunderstood?

Ah..u said about the isolator fitting....ur on about the head now ....if u got a 2 bolt bottom end...u need a 2bolt top end. ..and vice versa

Sorry, using wrong terms/words..... As I thought, thanks... Just crankestein said that I should have bought a 4 bolt kit.... Anyways, my original post was just a warning to others as the seller said it would fit the CY23cc....

I get it, you had a bad experience, but just because its been a nightmare for you it does not mean the seller is sending out junk.

The seller's item has almost 5 star rating, its not for giggles it has been given those stars, and review of the item can be from a genuine buyer. It is not like Amazon that anyone with an account can review and say whatever they want.

Yes, it is true, the item "seems" to be defective as we are taking your word for it. But it is one in a blue moon, I have purchased many cylinder heads; from pocket bikes piston port to reed, all the way to 1/5th scale all china crap like everyone calls it, and yours is the first that is split like that. To me it seems you don't know what you are doing, sorry, just by certain things how they have been phrased, and your troubleshooting approach. The handling of this case is out of proportions for no reason. Yes you can come over here and post whatever you want, so then be subjected to what others will say. You are handling your situation in a very very immature way. Go back to Aliexpress, and follow their policies on how to submit a claim. You can use an item, and if it is defective usually one gets the money back. There are many people who try for the seller to pay for they buyer's mistake. I have no affiliation with the seller, its just that in the RC world, this is an ongoing trend, people jump in into a hobby and when it explodes in their face, all blame is on the seller or item in question, when in all reality is the end user who is clueless. I have been in very bad situations, but there has been sufficient evidence to the point that I do get parts and monetary compensation for the damages. I don't know who you are, and care less, but its clear that the only person at fault is you.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks