DRAG RACING? WHY NOT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

Large scale gas rc has many faucets for fun, and I've found one aspect of it, often a bother for some, that I enjoy immensely: those days when I'm struggling between high speed needle, low speed needle, and idle needle to stop my engine from bogging down when I grab that trigger as if hoping for a great launch off the line at a drag race.

Fiddling, launching and relaunching. I discovered it's a ton of fun, especially when it bogs less and less.

This is what I was doing the other day with my 2-year-old Redcat Rampage XR with its 2-year-old Zenpah G290RC engine. (And in the process I discovered that I won't mind fifth-scale drag racing.

As I write the delivery of my Rovan 305 Baja buggy is one day from delivery. To think of it... hmmm. I may make it a dedicated drag racer.

(But why is my old engine bogging so constantly? Is it too old? Or is it time for it to be rebuilt?)

PEACE!

photo_editor_ds_1565709337676.png

Out of all the vids that I had seen on RC cars ,I think that about 75 % of those people are doing speed runs or drag!

There is I think ,just about more folks out there that do more drag racing than the other ,I had seen vids
of the locals having an actual block party with them drag racing!...

Your bogging is probably in the timing ,carburation is not a cure all!

Out of all the vids that I had seen on RC cars ,I think that about 75 % of those people are doing speed runs or drag!

There is I think ,just about more folks out there that do more drag racing than the other ,I had seen vids
of the locals having an actual block party with them drag racing!...

Your bogging is probably in the timing ,carburation is not a cure all!
Or maybe it's loosing compression maybe? Would that cause it to bog down? I think so

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks