DRIVE-TRAIN QUIZZ. LET'S PLAY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

I'm ripping on my backyard rc track. At one point coming out of a corner, I apply heavy throttle and the car stops running though the engine is revving. I ease off the throttle and the car begins to move again. As I gradually increase throttle, it picks up speed until I'm running very fast. And I wonder, 'Hmmm. What gives?'

I bring the car in to look at its spurgear close up. As it idles before me, I grab a handful of throttle. The engine screams but the spurgear doesn't move. I ease off on the throttle, and the spurgear engages; the car starts to move, and bit by by it's running at full speed again.

RIGHTAWAY I KNEW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. DO YOU?

(If you know, right off, what the problem was and fix is, give others a chance to solve the quizz first.)

NOTE: There's a clue to the answer in the picture attached.
20190702_162706.jpg

The flex capacitor ruptured the spleen of the clutch.... causing the carb to lactate water onto the chassis...which in turn, ruined the chassis pants. Everything rusted. The only way to clean that is with apple juice and vodka.

simple.(y)
????

The flex capacitor ruptured the spleen of the clutch.... causing the carb to lactate water onto the chassis...which in turn, ruined the chassis pants. Everything rusted. The only way to clean that is with apple juice and vodka.

simple.(y)
That would be my second choice?
first choice
?????????????????

I am on the clutch/damaged shoes team too. If it spins too fast you just get friction (and a lot of coal/plastic dust and heat) but it wont stick to the sides like its supposed to.

I am on the clutch/damaged shoes team too. If it spins too fast you just get friction (and a lot of coal/plastic dust and heat) but it wont stick to the sides like its supposed to.
??? DING, DING, DING, DING!!! YOU ARE CO-O-O-RECT!!! YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!

The clutch shoes were down to the metal, and at high revs the shoeless clutch just spun off the clutch bell. But with gentle inputs, it connected and with incremental inputs of more throttle it continued to stick and create acceleration.

Simple fix? Lol. Get a new clutch or replace the clutch shoes. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks