drive train slack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner221

Should there be any ? i have noticed that i have a small amount of slack between the diff and the output drives/dog bones i'm sure the needs to be some but roughly how much or should i not worry.

Make sure that the cups are in good shape. Make sure the dog bones have not made deep ruts in the cups that exit the dif and the shaft fits into. If all is meshed and the cups are in good condition you will be OK. There is quite a bit of play all my toy's. If you think about it there is the mesh between the pinion and spur, the dif and output gear, and then the play between the upper cup and drive shaft, and the lower cup and drive shaft. That's alot of mesh to make up for.

thanks for the re assurance, if i lock the rear diff and move the clutch and pinion there is next to no movement at all, its probably as you say dog bones and cups but these are all in order.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks