Dual carbs on a Zenoah G-62.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTModIT

Hi, Is there anyone on here that know Zenoah motors inside and out.I've built a dual carb manifold and injector scoop to put on the Zen.G-62 motor.What I need to know is will putting on 2 stock carbs be too much for the motor.I know nothing about these two stokes when it comes to mods.It was just a idea to try it because its going on a 1/4 scale dragster.Will putting on the smaller Walbro carbs from the 22cc or 26cc work better.I guess I need to know if it will work at all.The manifold and scoop were made with traditional tools not CNC. Would there be mathematical equations to make each chamber a certain size.I don't know.Thanks.

I am only guessing from my many years of working on motorcycles but I think it will be too much. If you want to try to get a little more performance I recommend modifying one stock carb.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing.Now I'm going to try two different carbs sizes. One at 22mm bore they other 16mm bore. The bigger one as the main carb.Thanks.

i'd refer you to www.gizmomotors because they have modified walbro's in stack. also, i think they would be a good source to answer your initial question. they deal with a lot of modified motors for surface and water toys.

Does Gizmo motors even full with air plane engines? The engine he has is a 62cc which is designed for a air plane. Do not think Gizmo motors will be much help. Good people to deal with and very good prices on what they do have.

It the Walbro's carbs had changeable internal jets you might be able to run two but being I do not think they do 2 carbs would too much and in my opinion more hassle then it is worth. I have worked on many a Harley with to carbs and they are too much of a pain and do not preform any better then one appropriate carb.

Thank again for the replies. I'm only doing this to see if i can get it to work.I like to build things and whats a dragster without multiple carbs.Anyway I'm going with different bore carbs. One at 16mm and the other a 22mm bore. I'm having trouble finding a 22mm carb. Does Walbro even make a carb that size.I would like to keep the carbs looking the same in appearance.Thanks.

Thank again for the replies. I'm only doing this to see if i can get it to work.I like to build things and whats a dragster without multiple carbs.Anyway I'm going with different bore carbs. One at 16mm and the other a 22mm bore. I'm having trouble finding a 22mm carb. Does Walbro even make a carb that size.I would like to keep the carbs looking the same in appearance.Thanks.

You can search here.
http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/group2.asp?FamilyName=WT

The best person you could speak to is Ian Oddie at www.oddified.com as He's one of the better engine tuners/modifiers and developes NOS systems for zenoah engines and 1:1 cars and may well know what you're trying to do and could advise the best course of action.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks