Dual servos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frumpy

Can the MT be set up to use 2 steering servos?I've seen pics of Marders or maybe it was leopards with 2 servo setups and they're on turning those small buggy wheels.Why doesn't the MT have this set up?:(

i just blew another 805 .
im going to run the dual set up next , servos are in the mail now .. instead of using 100% of the servo to power the wheels running dual steering servo's puts alot less strain on the servos , but i need to figure out how to run them with 2 battery packs instead of one . will keep you updated with it .. just mail service in canada sucks bad .. so prolly wont see them untill late week
if you or anyone have any tips as too the wiring configuration please do so

just make 2 5 cell packs and wire them in parallel. or get high mah a 2s lipo pack and a voltage regulator. or get some d size nimh cells. i have seen d cells as high as 8000mah.

Can the MT be set up to use 2 steering servos?I've seen pics of Marders or maybe it was leopards with 2 servo setups and they're on turning those small buggy wheels.Why doesn't the MT have this set up?:(

Yes the stock plate can hold two.:)

i just blew another 805 .
im going to run the dual set up next , servos are in the mail now .. instead of using 100% of the servo to power the wheels running dual steering servo's puts alot less strain on the servos , but i need to figure out how to run them with 2 battery packs instead of one . will keep you updated with it .. just mail service in canada sucks bad .. so prolly wont see them untill late week
if you or anyone have any tips as too the wiring configuration please do so

Do you think you will need two batteries? What are you feeding the servos now 6V? Man I can't even imagine what the steering would be with two.:drool:

I have read that using 2 DIGITAL servos can be an issue.
Each servo is a little different then the other and the will always be fighting each other to some extent. The digital servos will always be trying to self center thus causing them to never rest and overheating. This is not as big of an issue with an analog servo. We see this a lot with folks using two digies in their Revos. The rule of thumb with the Revo is to dump the 2 servo setup and go with one high torque unit when going digital for this very reason.

Just some food for thought.

A friend of mine had 2 hitecs in his marder from new! We did find it a bit of a nightmare! On can pull at different rates to the other! If you want the ultimate servo go for the oddified tonegawa without checking it will give you 70-80 KGs of torgue @6V they are alot of money but they are well worth the money!!!!!! Plus they have there own built in servo saver! The one i got could pull a house down and keeps going and going!!!!!!

Yes the MT does support dual servos.

...If you want the ultimate servo go for the oddified tonegawa without checking it will give you 70-80 KGs of torgue @6V...

This will probably be my next upgrade for my FG truck!

-Michael

The mpx rhino is about the best steering servo for the money, As long as they are set-up correctly then they are very reliable. Theirs no need for twin steering servos, I prefer a rhino or a Tonegawa over 2x 805bbs. From what i have found, Running 2x steering servos can cause problems if they are not set bang on! As they fight against each over and eventually fail.

Simon

I have tried running dual steering in my Leo, and it worked fine.
I just used an Y kable.
But when removing the servos I found that both servos was far from perfect condition.
To run Dual steering more securely, use a system with individual channels for each servo.
Then you can adjust center and end points individually, making the servos stop fighting each other.

Today I run a single GWS S777CG at 42kg/cm and 0.12/60 degrees.
Ok.. I have a feeling that the Speed rating is a bit on the optimistic side.
The Gearwheels on the S777 is only Carbonite, but they are twice as beefy as the 805BB. And the S777 has 6 ball bearings.

Ok guys, for thoose of you who don't know about their RC Systems, i feel sorry, but with my Spektrum Dx 2 i can set it up that the one channel (as sample the steering servos) only travel 70 % or so, also can go up to 125 %, that gives u way enought room to save the servos from oversteering. just check ya manuals. the 2nd of all. 2 805 BB servos in an ALLOY RC PLATE will run like hell! i have it set in my truck like that and no Probs at all! rhino best Price deal, come on! rhino results after buyin 2 of them for steering an monstertruck and BROKEN SERVO a hour later, no thanks. my experience, but ill use rhino soon for throttle and brake. also MPX JUMBO SPEED DIGI times 2 for steering my truck. 3rd if you need any further help on setting thoose two servos, send me an pm with all important facts on your truck at the moment. THANKS, and greets by andre

ps. get a good sanyo 3600mah nimh 6 volt 5 cell subc and you ll run with 3 servos in a monster at least 6 hours with little breaks between.

A friend of mine had 2 hitecs in his marder from new! We did find it a bit of a nightmare! On can pull at different rates to the other! If you want the ultimate servo go for the oddified tonegawa without checking it will give you 70-80 KGs of torgue @6V they are alot of money but they are well worth the money!!!!!! Plus they have there own built in servo saver! The one i got could pull a house down and keeps going and going!!!!!![/QUOTE

I bought my MT used from a guy in Munich and it already had the Tonegawa in it. Who carries them and how much to replace if the need arises? And I agree it moves the tires like they are'nt there. Thanks, Ben

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks