DuraTrax DX450 First Run Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
450 rocks

Well after seeing that video--had to go get one. I massaged a 5000mah lipo into the battery compartment and went out into my culdasac with it. EASY to drive--really too stable for me. I'll be removing some of the gyro weights soon. But I was really impressed with the brushless motor and how well this little guy rides!! Definitely a lot of fun-- I could see racing them on really groomed smooth dirt tracks!! Or even on road--the tires worked fine even on asphalt-- I got mine at Pegasus Hobbies-- for UNDER $300-- and they stock a lot of the spare parts too.
FWIW
Tim

sweet. pegasus have a website i can look at?
looking for the hop up shocks, swing arm, and front mount.

I had a couple Ricky bikes too. this is a tad smaller. ricky was 1/4 this is 1/5. I just added electronics to my 1/5 on road electric last night too. so once I figure out a receiver I can try that one too.

the tail protector is a must and get rid of the screws to mount the top and use velcro. the body lifts and the rider pushes it back down. haven't had any damage to the body since...

nice idea on the velcro. i want a more scale size rider, any ideas?

i have to do the fender protector yet, but i don't see where you guys are mouting them, unless your putting small holes thru the cross support pice under the RX?
Pipe, see if you can find another Tatic RX. for the cost, would be pretty good for both bikes.

I cut some cutting board and bolted it instead of the plastic part there. on rc groups there is a guy making soft bodied riders, like stuffed animal type. seem to hold up. I am going to fill mine with mono foam for now. surprised my rider has taken no damage and I carry him by the head.

I picked up a cheap 2.4 from china. 3ch and 8 model memory. been racing indoor electric with 120-130 entries and not a problem. $43 us incl 1 rx. very nice. only issue is I got 7 v1 rx's and my 2 modules now are v3 and don't work together yet... should have it solved soon though...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks