DX3r and Pico Kill Switch. How to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small2Large

Does anyone know how to setup a DX3r with a Pico Kill Switch. I currently have a DX3 which works great, but I have a ton of RC's and the 3 model memory just isn't enough.

Thank you.

should be the same as the DX3s. just stick it on the 3rd channel.

turn all on and set it so you can run the engine, and prove it works by killing the engine.

now without moving the 3rd chanel, re-bind the Rx to set the failsafe positions.

job done.

test that the failsafe position is set correctly by turning your Tx off with the engine running (and the wheels off the groound, just incase!)

note that if you decide to reverse the 3rd channel at any point you don't have to re-bind, as the failsafe position is stored in the Rx. If you do ever re-bind, remember to test the killswitch by turning your Tx off with the engine runnin (and the wheels off the groound, just incase!)

P.S. the above is only for picoswitch type failsafes, killerbees and a few other types work in a different way.

the Speky Failsafe setups are a bit funky.

Killer RC had to design a Spektrum specific kill switch due to the way the spektrum failsafe is setup and works.

his standard failsafe would work, but the speky onboard failsafe setting would kick in and that would reset the kill swith, so the motor would start to shut down, then it would reset from the speky failsafe, and start running again.

the Speky Failsafe setups are a bit funky.

Killer RC had to design a Spektrum specific kill switch due to the way the spektrum failsafe is setup and works.

his standard failsafe would work, but the speky onboard failsafe setting would kick in and that would reset the kill swith, so the motor would start to shut down, then it would reset from the speky failsafe, and start running again.

Man, I see this may be a tricky project. I'll use an extra RX to try binding the dx3r. That way I will still have my dx3 setup and bound in case I can't get it to work.

just may want to do a bit more investigation before trying it out.

may help you overcome a hickup you didnt expect to find.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks