Dynamite Clutch Tool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutch tool arrived! It looks like QS Components are serious about their product. Nice to see! Here's a couple photos. It will be a while before I'm ready to use it to install an RB Innovations cooling clutch plate. I'll post some pics on the process.

Attachments

• SMD_9112.JPG
    SMD_9112.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 20
  • SMD_9114.JPG
    SMD_9114.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SMD_9115.JPG
    SMD_9115.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 19
  • SMD_9119.JPG
    SMD_9119.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 21
Just curious... what's everyone got against the piston stoppers? I've used them for years on various 2 strokes without damaging a piston, and they're rather cheap too

The problem when using a piston stop is if you really need to tighten a nut or bolt really tight. Is you will force the needle bearings into the rod or crank pin and will make inverted speed bumps. The cages can only take it so much of getting the needles stomped back into them before they break a cage. Seen it a lot with the boat engines we build and this is why we advise against NOT using them on our stuff. Same with holding the crank on the ignition side or output side ant trying to tighten the nut or bolt on the opposite side. You are now putting the twisting motion through the crank and can twist a crank. You need to tighten on the end the nut or bolt is and not hold the opposite side while doing it.

Wow those look nice ?

Yep, they did a good job.
Just curious... what's everyone got against the piston stoppers? I've used them for years on various 2 strokes without damaging a piston, and they're rather cheap too

I have, and have used, my piston stop to work on engines. But it always makes me nervous. As Todd mentioned, you can damage your engine if you don't use caution.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks