Dynamite F29 29CC 4 bolt motor fits DBXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys, I found a brand new 29CC dynamite engine off a Losi 5ive. I'd like to drop it into my DBXL but there isn't much information out there about this motor. I think it's also used in the MTXL which would have me believe it would work with the DBXL? I've heard that the bell housing is proprietary, so you can't use aftermarket ones. If it came off a Losi 5ive, chances are it won't fit. Can someone confirm?

If this doesn't fit, my other options are the Rovan 29cc or 30.5cc motors. Don't need anything fancy, just something that'll be somewhat reliable with lots of parts available. Will either of these motors fit without issues?

thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have a dbxl already? If so a and if there is an issue with the bell housing just change the part over?
At the moment i have a zen 32 in my hpi that was in losi 5b and all the other bit fan cover come of a 2bolt 26. so all your parts will interchange

Yes I have a DBXL already. It's basically a roller with no engine. It was a DBXL converted to electric, so I have none of the related gasser parts now as I want to convert back to gas. I've read that the DBXL bell housings will not bolt up to that F29 29CC motor. The motor uses a proprietary bell housing. So even if I buy the stock or aftermarket bell housing it won't bolt up to that motor (supposedly). That's why I'm confused as they make the same motor for the MTXL. So if the MTXL has the same bell housing as the DBXL, why wouldn't it work? It's not something I can chance since buying the motor is a critical decision. So I need some clarification.

I think it should work if its off a 5ive t. I have a g320 in my dbxl as well but I thi k the clutch bell from vertigo was listed for 5ive or dbxl platform. Everything else i have is turtle racing for the bell carrier as the stock plastic bit sucks. I'll get some pics for you when I get home tonight buddy. It's all apart any way.
Clutch bell http://www.davesmotors.com/Vertigo-...ch-Bell-HPI-Baja-Losi-DBXL-RCMK-XCR-1000.html
Clutch bell carrier
http://www.davesmotors.com/turtle-racing-tur-l0009-losi-dbxl-billet-clutch-carrier.html

Last edited:
I think it should work if its off a 5ive t. I have a g320 in my dbxl as well but I thi k the clutch bell from vertigo was listed for 5ive or dbxl platform. Everything else i have is turtle racing for the bell carrier as the stock plastic bit sucks. I'll get some pics for you when I get home tonight buddy. It's all apart any way.
Clutch bell http://www.davesmotors.com/Vertigo-...ch-Bell-HPI-Baja-Losi-DBXL-RCMK-XCR-1000.html
Clutch bell carrier
http://www.davesmotors.com/turtle-racing-tur-l0009-losi-dbxl-billet-clutch-carrier.html

Yep, it was the Vertigo clutch bell that I was looking at. Seems like the bell is the same for the RCMK DBXL and Hpi Baja, yet the Losi 5ive isn't listed there. Also the link you sent me for the DBXL bell housing mount says it will not fit MTXL. I'm starting to think there will be fitment issues with the F29 motor.

Your clutch housing in the engine should be ok to reuse. I think they are all the same it's just the bell and holder that are different
Shouldn't be if you have a dbxl. You can pretty much swap these engines around into whatever you want with the right mounts. And the mtxl uses a larger spur gear so no the mounts wouldnt be the same

So I picked up a Fuelie 30.5cc motor from King Motor as I didn't want to have any fitment issues. People have run this motor with the DBXL without issue. I don't see much information out there about gearing. I have the FID/DGI tall fuel tank that allows bigger gears. So what gears are you guys running and what would be best suited for my setup? I want to utilize the stock spur gear. So my options are basically 19T, 20T and 21T for the Losi gears and 22T, 23T and 24T for DGI gears. Going from a 23cc stock motor to the 30.5cc motor I should be gearing up quite a bit to make use of that extra power right?

Thanks,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks