Dynamite Fail Safe in the 5B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssuperchieff

I finally got my 5B sorted after a few electrical woes shortly before my trip to the dunes. First off after plenty of peer pressure from the forum I installed a kill switch. Went with the Dynamite and it works great. Even took it one step further and mounted the status light on the side of the battery box. Unfortunately the hole placement wasn't where I had hoped, but it's still visible.

On top of this I had to wait on a replacement steering servo. The Hitec D840WP I originally ordered for steering went out on me after the break-in tank. Luckily Hitec's CS department is awesome and got a replacement out to me in three days.

I was originally going for an SR315 receiver which would have given me the one extra aux channel for the kill switch. Instead I took an SR515 out of a crawler that wasn't using all of the channels anyway, so that I could use the Aux 2 channel for a power cap to hopefully protect my electronics.

Just gotta make sure it starts after re-installing the coil and that the kill switch actually works, and she's ready for the sand dunes :D

Attachments

• 20220825_220935.jpg
    20220825_220935.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220825_220916.jpg
    20220825_220916.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 11
Hah, it didn't work for poop :( the button could still kill the engine but the switch did nothing. I'm not even going to bother with a warranty, I'm just going to get a Super Bee switch.

I don't appreciate being referred to as an idiot. I installed an SR515 and programmed the auxiliary channel several different ways, even tried both auxiliary channels with no luck. It doesn't work.

Who's calling you stupid? Your description of it not working is vague so maybe it's a misunderstanding? Can you elaborate on why you believe it does not work as I have had successfully used 4 of them in 4 seperate rigs.

I've set it up several different ways with no luck. We've confirmed the switch is DOA. I've ordered the Killer RC switch and will be installing that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks