Dyno runs and the final system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkill

Mad?scientist
I will be adding runs from different setups as I go , the SYSTEM shows you what is involved as far as parts , this is the direct off the clutch setup , it is WAYYYY cheaper and seems to be accurate and repeatable. The cost like I sain in an earlier thread is LOW , I estimate the total cost on this system to be aBOUT $175 TOTAL even lower IF you can build your own metal parts.

THis a a Rovan 32cc motor with a stock Can muffler 6k clutch

Attachments

• Dyno Can 6k rpm clutch 32cc Rovan.png
    Dyno Can 6k rpm clutch 32cc Rovan.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Ok here is a DDM V2 pipe test from Polar , I am surprized it is about 1 hp LOWER then a V1 on the same motor !! exact same parts only Pipe was changed ? Im gonna run the V1 again so I have the same temps/humidity , this is also a 6k clutch spring so I am most likely out if the PIPE power band.

Attachments

• DDM V2 pipe Rovan 32cc stock top.png
    DDM V2 pipe Rovan 32cc stock top.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
  • V1 pipe Rovan.png
    V1 pipe Rovan.png
    48 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Rovan 32cc DDM V1 Pipe 9.5k spring , with a 6K SPRING THE POWER WAS DOWN 1 HP APPROX.
DDM V2 pipe test
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the last 3 files are the DDM V2 pipe test data
I had a silencer on the V1 pipe as well FYI
I ran my V1 with a silencer also . I think my load cell had issues ??? gonna run it all again later
Here is the ROVAN pipe no silencer ( I tested it with a silencer and saw about 1/4 hp decrease ) so !!! uhhh the Rovan pipe is just as good as the DDM V1 and better then the V2 pipe at 9.5k spring power . ya a $39 pipe kicks azz IMO !
BTW Polar donated his DDM V2 pipe for the tests so THANKS Polar !!!

Attachments

• 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 B pipe.zip
    436.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 B pipe.zip
    436.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 B pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 B pipe.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan DDM V1 pipe.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V2 pipe.zip
    155 KB · Views: 1
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V2 B pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan DDM V2 B pipe.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.5k spring Rovan DDM V2 pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan DDM V2 pipe.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.5k spring Rovan HP pipe.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 9.5k spring Rovan  pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan pipe.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 9.5k spring Rovan HP pipe.png
    9.5k spring Rovan HP pipe.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Meh, not going to get my panties all up in a bunch over hp #'s (or lack of) . I guess the bottom line is more db noise = more hp . There's a noticeable difference between my stock Rovan pipe and my DDM v2 with noise output, my Rovan pipe is SO ear shrieking loud . Honestly I didn't notice any real world loss of hp when I switched to the DDM , i'll give up some hp for less noise. Thanks for taking the time to log some good data !

You are only going to 12,000 rpm by the graphs which is kinda low unless you running it in maybe a helicopter. But are you actually comparing the pipes setup for the same powerbands range? Meaning not comparing a low mid pipe to a topend pipe? The pipe that is low on power if you reved a little more may have taken off on power. A silencer setup can be made to not kill power if done right.

Meh, not going to get my panties all up in a bunch over hp #'s (or lack of) . I guess the bottom line is more db noise = more hp . There's a noticeable difference between my stock Rovan pipe and my DDM v2 with noise output, my Rovan pipe is SO ear shrieking loud . Honestly I didn't notice any real world loss of hp when I switched to the DDM , i'll give up some hp for less noise. Thanks for taking the time to log some good data !
like I said bothg DDM pipes had silencers on them the ROvan pipe had no silencers but in past runs I saw about a 1/2 HP decrease , at a 6k spring the power was equal between the 2 DDM pipes it changed at 9.5k springs anf YA my ears were burnt at the end LOL !
You are only going to 12,000 rpm by the graphs which is kinda low unless you running it in maybe a helicopter. But are you actually comparing the pipes setup for the same powerbands range? Meaning not comparing a low mid pipe to a topend pipe? The pipe that is low on power if you reved a little more may have taken off on power. A silencer setup can be made to not kill power if done right.
this is a brake Dyno so the rpm is set by the clutch spring , you would have to run a inertial dyno to get full rpm range

We run a water brake dyno here. You can load up through the range with no issues or hold it where you want. Where are you actually loading it? I see the clutchbell to an arm to a load sensor. I see no disc brake or loading device in the video posted here. Am I missing something?

We run a water brake dyno here. You can load up through the range with no issues or hold it where you want. Where are you actually loading it? I see the clutchbell to an arm to a load sensor. I see no disc brake or loading device in the video posted here. Am I missing something?
ya this version is direct off the clutch to the load cell , so the RPM is fixed by the clutch spring RPM setting .

I do have a disk brake version that I can control the load but it goes thru the drive train and I had a hard time getting calibrations on it but I should be able to cal it now that I have accurate readings off the clutch . ( originally I had the RPM sensor on the axle , now that I have it on the motor those calcs don't matter )

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_161757380.jpg
    IMG_20201220_161757380.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks