early fg ecoline lwb rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hi ive had my old ecoline 5 years and its great fun, im going to rebuild it and spec it up a bit, i wont be racing on tracks just round big car parks, i need a few questions answering please
1/ will a newer g230 zehoha fit using old g2d mounts or will these need changing?
2/are cable front brakes anygood? or should i get some good second hand hydro brakes?
3ive got some adjustable shocks off a evo that do fit, what diffrence is there between my front end and a later sportline?
4/ ive seen some nice lwb compitition chassis on ebay going for a good price,would my parts fit these chassis?
i know my cars old and buying a newer model would be better but i want to keep this car and do this project, ill be using second hand parts to keep prices down, cheers:D

hi ive had my old ecoline 5 years and its great fun, im going to rebuild it and spec it up a bit, i wont be racing on tracks just round big car parks, i need a few questions answering please
1/ will a newer g230 zehoha fit using old g2d mounts or will these need changing?
2/are cable front brakes anygood? or should i get some good second hand hydro brakes?
3ive got some adjustable shocks off a evo that do fit, what diffrence is there between my front end and a later sportline?
4/ ive seen some nice lwb compitition chassis on ebay going for a good price,would my parts fit these chassis?
i know my cars old and buying a newer model would be better but i want to keep this car and do this project, ill be using second hand parts to keep prices down, cheers:D

For question number one, the Z230/260/290 etc. have the same mount configuration. I know that the CY engines (Chinese clone of the Zenoahs) use the same dimensions, so there's no reason you couldn't mount a new engine to the old gear.
Question two, cable brakes are fine for bashing, and even some racing. Hydros are better in certain circumstances, but for what you are describing you will do with the car, no real reason to upgrade unless you just want to.
Hard to say without looking at photos, there were a number of shock changes to the FG line of shocks. However, with some variation, most of the FG parts are interchangeable with old and new chassis. Shocks are one of those upgrades that wouldn't cause you any problems using on your older chassis (unless you made a mistake and they're shocks meant for the Marder or Monster Truck).
Normally eBay and sometimes rc-car-online.de are my go-to places for parts. Shipping parts overseas is expensive, though, so rc-car-online.de I reserve for last resort shopping if I never find it here. The competition cars are amazing feats of engineering, so if you have the cash on hand to buy one I would encourage it. But in short, most of the parts on your car will fit other FGs, with rare exception. There are some parts that can't be swapped, but there are few of those.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks