Easiest way to do a chassis swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dablife

I bent my stock chassis. I now have a scorpion unlimited chassis and front chassis brace. I also bent the stock top plate so I now have a turtle racing top plate waiting to be installed. I had to order a new bulkhead set because the 2 front screws on the top plate where just turning and the bolt on the bottom was just spinning in the housing... I had to cut it to get the hardware off the stock top plate..

So now heres my question. What would be the easiest, quickest way to do a chassis swap. Ive never tore into this car yet and would like it to be as easy as possible.
Thanks!

nice pick on parts!:cool:
first id start with the engine and fuel tank and radiobox. then remove the whole rear section from the chassis with the four bottom bolts. the rear is easy since the engine case is load-bearing.
for the front, i'd start with the upper shock supports that mount to the upper plate, and remove the plate first. then id remove the front bumper parts to expose the bolts on the lower kickup, those are the main bulkhead bolts. the front should be like the rear and come off all in one big section once loosened up, leaving the bare chassis for ya. theres a little more to it, but thats the basics on how i personally would go about it. just my three cents, good luck!;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks