ebay stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy

is it me or does there seem to be alot of fg parts from turkey springing up on ebay. the parts seem good and good prices but some sellers seem to have very few items for sale and little feed back on items bought/sold.. i have got stuff from the states in the past but not from europe. am i being biased i don't know.. anyone else noticed this... thanks

is it me or does there seem to be alot of fg parts from turkey springing up on ebay. the parts seem good and good prices but some sellers seem to have very few items for sale and little feed back on items bought/sold.. i have got stuff from the states in the past but not from europe. am i being biased i don't know.. anyone else noticed this... thanks

You could be right in being cautions, not sure I would buy given the details you have stated.

No,its not just you Shags,i've seen hat bloke selling front ends,gears,wishbones...etc.Quality wise I don't know,but if i'm buying off a newby i normallysee who he/she's sold to and email them to find out what they think,sometimes you get an answer other time you may not but its worth a try.If you need parts there's Simons rc parts(or FG parts) he's normally good and his postage is ok too!
There have been a few members that have been stung on here too with poopy shocks.I'm a great beliver in 'you get what you pay for'
good luck.
J.

I've seen the parts from turkey and not sure what the quality is like, but it's possible to copy the FG parts and get the cost down if you can make enough.

My CNC guy said an alloy wishbone for the MT would be like £14 each, but he would have to make a loooooot of them to get that price, and the quality would be better. :D

Ducky,you know someone with a CNC machine?Are you yourself getting parts made by him?If so what have you had done! If not,I'm sure people on here would/will by parts if they are the same or better than FG's own.I myself would buy all alloy parts if the price and quality was good.Can you enquire about it and give us a list of prices he would charge. Also if he went on ebay i'm pretty certain he would shift as many as he could make!
Let us know duck.
Cheers
J.

I also looked at them. I did notice that they are not exactly the same as the FG's. The front mount is missing any fastening areas to mount front cable brakes. The rear is missing something too from what I remember. It would be interesting if someone that bought one checked the alloy type.

i emailed one of the sellers who had all front end aprt from the hubs and asked him would or could he sell just the 4 wishbones if how much. he came back said and 110 inc. p+p to the uk.. then the next day there was another listing from him selling 4 wishbones only and it was the same pic up close...

Ducky,you know someone with a CNC machine?Are you yourself getting parts made by him?If so what have you had done! If not,I'm sure people on here would/will by parts if they are the same or better than FG's own.I myself would buy all alloy parts if the price and quality was good.Can you enquire about it and give us a list of prices he would charge. Also if he went on ebay i'm pretty certain he would shift as many as he could make!
Let us know duck.
Cheers
J.

Ducky and I have been looking at making some parts but to match prices on ebay we needed to make 100+ wish bone sets and to drop the price it needs to be nearer thousands of them.

The problem is, where do you stop? ... make the wishbone better and the chassis mounts take the brunt of the damage, strengthen the chassis and the ball joints become the weak bit ... and so on ..

Nige

Yeah I know what you mean.I started making chassis plates for the HPI RS4 Rally out of GRP/FRP and Carbon fibre ,shoved a few on fleebay and I was getting requests for all different types of car/truck/buggy and was inundated! I was working round the clock but couldn't keep up with the orders and had to pack it in. The other problem was getting hold of the originals to copy,I had a good few parts(NIP) and took a few of my collection apart but there are too many vehicles on the market.
But I'm sure if you were to knock a few up there would be a decent market out there,but again it's swings and roundabouts aswell, need the orders but need to establish etc.
Thanks for your replys
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks