Elcon brake???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zouz10

I have decided to get the elcon alloy brake for the rear. Does anybody have any experience with this brake? I also decided to remove the disc brakes from the front for the moment and only run the rear, because I am only driving on dirt terrain, is this a good setup idea?

the elcon brake only fits on the elcon drive train so unless you have the elcon drivetrain its useless to you

removing the front brakes will make it spin round all the time on loose dirt so i would leave them on,as for the elcon rear brake get some hydros or cables as there going to much better

I have the cables for all 4 but when I ran my hpi baja I only used the Turtle alloy rear brakes and they worked very well. I plan on making the fg baja all alloy at one point so if I have to start with the elcon drive train and the brake than that is what I will do.
I needed to remove all the cable brakes, because I am fixing to fit my hpi baja alloy wheels on the FG Baja, I already have the wheels so might as well use them!! Eventually I will re-use the cable brakes or get some hydro brakes, but for the time being I will get the elcon.
Thanks for all the help guys!

the elcon brake only fits on the elcon drive train so unless you have the elcon drivetrain its useless to you

The Elcon diffbrake fits on the standard fg raised diff holder and differential.
You don't need the Elcon drivetrian.

You need only this part for cars with FG drivetrain and raised differential holder.
elc_185508.jpg

And this one for cars with elcon drivetrain unit.
elc_185507.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks