Elcon clutch removal Tool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hasgas

How are you guys getting these clutches off? I called a guy at LargeScaleRc and he said "we just use a pipe wrench" ........Tell me there is another way please.....

To answer my own question/provide an answer for those who don't know......you can pull the motor, not completely out of the car, but loose so it can be lifted off the chassis plate. Once thats done, you can access the screws that provide resistance on the clutch shoes, or take them completely out. Then remove the plate that keeps it all captive, the adjustment pins/collars, shoes. I then took a large socket to remove the driver plate. No damage at all to the aluminum driver, bell, shoes, etc.
As far as initial adjustment, I found 1 1/2 turns to be excessive, sounds like more than 8000rpm at take off, 1 1/4 turns seems to sound/feel more like it.
I was unable to drill a hole in the bell housing because the adjustment screws are right on the edge of the bell and the drill will more than likely walk out/damage the rim of the bell.

2 options, one is a pipe wrence as noted. another is to split the clucth housing away from the crank case. you can then slip a THIN 17mm ( i think it was 17MM) between the clutch and crank cases and turn the elcon off. it has 2 flat sides on the back that a wrench (thin one) will slip on.

i have a good idea i need to fab up to test out for this purpose.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks