Engine bearings..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busted baja

Hey all it’s been a while but I’m back and ready to pull out my baja again ..I was thinking about doing a full motor rebuild but for the life of me I cannot remember how to replace/install the case (crank)bearings??any help for a fellow brother will be greatly appreciated..jason

Hey all it’s been a while but I’m back and ready to pull out my baja again ..I was thinking about doing a full motor rebuild but for the life of me I cannot remember how to replace/install the case (crank)bearings??any help for a fellow brother will be greatly appreciated..jason
You have to put the bearings in the freezer for a lil while, heat the case up to 400 degrees (pretty sure that's how hot, someone correct me) for a few mins in the oven , not too long, just enough for the bearings to slip in. Might take a few takes , but eventually, the bearings will slide into the case effortlessly. They are press fit , so if you have access to a press you can also do that.

You have to put the bearings in the freezer for a lil while, heat the case up to 400 degrees (pretty sure that's how hot, someone correct me) for a few mins in the oven , not too long, just enough for the bearings to slip in. Might take a few takes , but eventually, the bearings will slide into the case effortlessly. They are press fit , so if you have access to a press you can also do that.
Cool thanks.how do I take out the old ones?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks