Engine Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeshg

What factors do you have to take into account when making choice of buying an engine for large scale cars.

Any web link or information will be appreciated

Thanks as ever

I think on-road 1:5 racing is limited to the G240/G230 ??
Off-road racing the G270/G260 is permitted.
Everything else depends on how deep your pockets are!!
Al.

Sorry more information which may help

I only bash/2WD/
I prefer torque and performance
Budget up$500.00
Average skill-set
Good quality
Spares & service reliability should be good
Many Thanks

Default reply in UK is 'contact Ian Oddie of Oddified'.
It's almost like a broken record, but Ian produces engines of good and smooth power output, and can advise individual setups.
Al.

100% agreed x2 lol ive got a 23cc oddie and a 29cc oddie both great reliable power house engines the 23cc is a 2006 engine ians own engine still going strong and still pulls like a train so as far as im concerned oddified all day long if your after good smooth power and tons of it with reliability you cant go far wrong mate

I have a serious issue with anyone who claims to produce/sell -and I quote

"This is a race prepared product and there is a limited warranty."

When the "tuner" or MMR don't race - how can they claim to produce race ready engines? I doubt anyone has seen the vast majority of the MMR catalogue at a race track - where is the R&D done? Who does the testing in order for them to say it's race prepared?

There are lots of things I have a downer on as I'm sure that regulars on here will confirm but the biggest is claims from manufacturers that are hard to believe.

I realise Umeshg isn't going to race but most RC car manufacturers will tell you that most R&D comes from racing. Two companies that I would advise over this would be OBR and ESP and while I'm not a massive fan of non UK based tuners (to offer service and back up) at least these two do have some racing behind them.

I have a serious issue with anyone who claims to produce/sell -and I quote

"This is a race prepared product and there is a limited warranty."

When the "tuner" or MMR don't race - how can they claim to produce race ready engines? I doubt anyone has seen the vast majority of the MMR catalogue at a race track - where is the R&D done? Who does the testing in order for them to say it's race prepared?

There are lots of things I have a downer on as I'm sure that regulars on here will confirm but the biggest is claims from manufacturers that are hard to believe.

I realise Umeshg isn't going to race but most RC car manufacturers will tell you that most R&D comes from racing. Two companies that I would advise over this would be OBR and ESP and while I'm not a massive fan of non UK based tuners (to offer service and back up) at least these two do have some racing behind them.

i agree with you Mike but Umeshg is only on a £300 or so budget:(

and the OBR and ESP are way over his budget

K....

You can get a Stevo engine for a similar price to the ProMX and he will give you a personal service, advise any time you need it and has a decent record in the race scene. No brainer for me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks