Engine Gaskets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgerbitz

Does anyone know where i can get gaskets for the stock 26cc engine on the losi 5ive t?

I think i have found the part numbers, but not sure where i can get parts from..

r5030 -- Losi Cylinder Gasket 26cc-- x1
r5031 -- Losi Exhaust Gasket Set 26cc x1
r5033 -- Losi Carburetor Mounting Gasket Set 26cc

For the head gasket do the Yamabond mod, or use Permatex gasket maker.

Works, raises compression and adds a significant punch to the engine.

Buy Yamabond or Permatex copper gasket maker (high temp), remove the gasket, prep the surfaces and apply Yamabond or Permatex. Install cylinder head and put the bolts, don't torque them down. Let the gasket cure and in about 2 hours give it about 1/4 more and within 4 to 6 hours a little more. By next day torque down and secure.

Raises compression.

In the attached picture that is the mod done on a 30.5cc. I drilled holes on the plastic cover, heat cycle the engine and shutoff, retorqued just a little bit when hot. Check for any leaks, rough inconsistent idle. Let the engine cool off, I did the heat cycle about three times and have had no issues running the engine without a gasket, and definitely can tell its more peppy with good compression. It seems it needs a pipe with a bigger belly (center section of the pipe), as it screams way too much and can tell the pressure under acceleration.

Attachments

• 20151227_094547.jpg
    20151227_094547.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks