Engine mesh mod?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

hi guys :)

whats best material to use for the engine mesh mod that covers the flywheel to stop crap getting jammed in?

anyone have a link to the material of a UK based seller please :) ?

i did the mesh mod on my last motor, when the grass clogs the mesh up it restrics cooling quite a lot, i would,nt bother daz.

I did the mesh mod using alu body repair mesh from Halfords, and I stuck it in using plasic padding (P38). Worked well, but like Pablo said it isn't fit and forget, you need to be wary of grass building up below the engine and blocking the mesh. (of course plan B is to not put mesh on it and continue to have to clean grass off the head, both options are a pain in the arse).

if anyone knows how to stop grass getting under the engine let me know!

(there's at least 2 threads on LSF with pictures and instructions for doing the mesh mod if you decide to go ahead)

I see it as the lesser of 2 evils bud. Its easier to clean grass from the mesh mod than removing the engine cover and cleaning it from round the head. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean it isnt there!

I see it as the lesser of 2 evils bud. Its easier to clean grass from the mesh mod than removing the engine cover and cleaning it from round the head. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean it isnt there!

+1 with Andy,I have used my method for 7-8 years now and never had a cooling problem,besides,Outwears do one and do you think it would be a kak idea if they use it???
Just a thought.;)
J

one of my motors has security screen mesh on it, works great and very durable. other has outerwears on it, outerwears its riping and gets clogged very easy.

either the mesh or the outerwears is vital though, rocks will hit the flywheel and break fins in no time without it.

I used black window screen on all my motors with great results. I thought it would get too hot and melt or something but it has never been affected by heat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks