Engine Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

HI, i have just bought a 2 speed gear for my Fg baja from ebay. The seller told me that i need an engine mount. what is an engine mount and were do i place it? and which 1 fits as there are lots of diffrent shapes.

Thanks for all your help!

the mount is the 2 pieces that mount the motor to the chassis. if u still have the plastic ones aluminum is what u need. it will work with the plastic but the plastic ones cause flexing and result in stripped gears.

Fg Baja #'s 6134/1 & 6135. The 6135 is the one that will flex because the extra length. Switch them both out to alloy is a good idea anyway.

6135:
media.jpg

6134-1:
media.jpg

Last edited:
and while you're at it get an alloy gear plate, the alloy engine mounts and plate are a first must have and needed upgrade for the fg's drivetrain, next would be alloy upper rear arms then you're pretty good to go as far as esentials go.
You will love the 2 speed, you will probably need to change the gearing, what's it going on mt, marder baja?

Last edited:
Yeh i am having it for my FG baja.... cant wait to install the 2-speed gear! just need to find a mount on the net or somwere..... Thank you all for the help!!!

You'll love it. when you change the gears make sure you buy steel pinions and get some alloy upper arms...before i got mine the rear arm and drive shaft would flex into the 1st gear spur and destroy it, i tried a steel spur but it scored the driveshaft and then it snapped...as soon as put alloy upper arms on the problem was cured .

What kinda Upper arms should i buy? just found those on ebay.. do you think thell do the job?

FG-ALLOY-UPPER-REAR-ARMS_W0QQitemZ290278142299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks