Engine mounting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANGRYEVO8

Hi Guys

I am having a small issues with bolting up my engine to my EVO8.

Not all the bolts are able to pull up snug. I have had to make a spacer to be able to bolt the rear engine mount to the carbon chassis plate, and now that i have installed the small front optional mount the two bolts that go into the fan cover not longer meet the chassis. Is this normal and do you guys just modify to fit.

Kind regards
John

Hiya John, I don't recall needing and spacers or shims mounting the engine on my car. if you could post some photos it my help but what you could do is slacken eveything off half a turn and see if that will help.

Mike

Hi Mike, have tried moving things around and rotating the engine in the mount but it has not helped. Will post some photos tonight or tomorrow.

grab some pics of it all, it sounds like the issues i had with my fg. mine is part sportsline and part evo. i had to run the small mount on the fan cover just like the sportsline does, and had to make a shim the same thickness to go under the large mount.

Here are the pictures guys

DSC00210-1.gif

Here you can almost see there is a small gap between the engine cover and the chassis now that i have installed the mount at the front of the engine

DSC00211.gif

This is the small mount that i installed at the front of the engine

DSC00212.gif

Even with out the small engine mount at the front there is a gap between the the mount that bolts the the rear of the engine fan housing and the carbon plate that bolts to the front of the diff. If i try and rotate the engine to get rid of the gap, where the engine bolts to the chassis no longer lines up and i get a gap there.

Have i mounted something incorrectly or am i missing a piece. Do you need to modify the small optional engine mount at the front of the engine to make it work properly??

Hi paul,

I am not sure, i bought the car second hand but i didnt even think of that. Do you know the height differences between stock and risers

hi mate roughly 7/9mm ish
in pits to get cars out ive used a wheel square to "quick fix" to make difference between mount and diff bracket... hope helps mate

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for all the help, i have it all sorted now. I mounted the engine flat first, than the front mount, installed the gear mount and drive and used washers to make the gap between the rear engine mount and the carbon rear diff plate. Will need to take it out when i get back from work around the end of June and try it out. I wanted the front mount to take out some of the flex in the chassis between where the carbon stiffeners stop and the engine starts.
Does anyone know if the rear alloy uprights have and toe built in
This is the part i mean.

http://rc-car-online-shop.de/shop/e...oy-upright-for-1:5-and-1:6-models-2-pcs-.html

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks