engine mounts/diff raiser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdru

Hi all ive replaced my engine mounts for alloy ones but due to my adjustable diff i have a diff raiser and engine mounts are not high enough can i put spacers under mounts on the bolts or do the whole mount need to touch chassie.

are you on about the rear alloy triangle thats bolted to the diff holders and a single bolt into the top of the engine mount if so just find a spacer[should work out the same size as the thickness of your diff raisers] plus you may need a longer bolt for it

thats it spot on,,,another great trebor pic not a spec of dust and another great looking car

its just i have a couple of good cameras;)

i found that the thin alloy plate bends to easily,so on me marder i made a

3mm thick one out of stainless steel:D

was going to use titanium but found it to hard to shape from home:(

K....

cool thanks i did mount it like that and gears seemed to be a bit tight and notchy but may be i lined it up wrong least i know it will work like that i will try again.

try undoing the 4 engine mount screws the 4 with the little alloy washers then put a bussiness card between the diff gear and layshaft gear tighten all the screws/bolts and remove the card

Tried the business card no joy if i mount engine flat on chassie and screw top plate in the gears get very stiff if i don't use top plate its fine so i think i need to make a longer top plate. Ive mounted it on four spacers and its fine runs free.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks