engine not getting fuel. help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS4 Owner14

today i tried starting up my rc engine and its not starting. it has been sitting for 2 weeks. when i poor fuel straight into the engine to help get it started it will crank up for about 1 or 2 seconds then die because its outa fuel when the tank is full. Any suggestions? :eek:

try turning needles all the way in or out somtimes on mine when left a while its the same not sure if the oil bungs up the jets were its sat idle then just return to factory settings and go from there works for me mate

they can flood quite easy get the plug out turn car upside down not in the front room ect your mrs will kill you lol,,what fuel mix you using i only run 30/1 i get the odd bit of oil from the pipe sometimes if you tip it over.

whats that 20/1 sounds a bit rich mate i would def try going to 25/1-30/1 i got told to run 30/1 by ian oddie for mine as he said 25/1 was to rich for a 23cc what size is your engine and whats the compresion like can you pull the starter without holding the car down i have to put foot on rear tyre if i don't it will lift the car up when trying to start it

does it sound like it trying to start and is the plug wet or dry after a few trys

and whats the clunk/tank filter like are the fuel pipes clear,you got a good spark theres a 100 things it could be mate its just a case of trial and error with these bloody things mate but its all worth it when there working 100% im sure others will help with some advice your in the best place

im running 20% and this didnt help get it started still need some help

whats that 20/1 sounds a bit rich mate i would def try going to 25/1-30/1 i got told to run 30/1 by ian oddie for mine as he said 25/1 was to rich for a 23cc what size is your engine and whats the compresion like can you pull the starter without holding the car down i have to put foot on rear tyre if i don't it will lift the car up when trying to start it

does it sound like it trying to start and is the plug wet or dry after a few trys

This is a nitro. An HPI nitro RS4. He's running a 20% nitro fuel which is okay.

It sounds like you're not getting pressure in your fuel tank. Make sure the line from the muffler to the tank is solid with no leaks, and make sure the cap on the fuel tank is sealed.

Most of us probably have or have had nitro RC's, but honestly this probably isn't the best forum to ask questions on. There are some really good nitro forums out there that can help you diagnose your problem and get it running right.

Last edited:
my bad i thought we was on about petrol i gave up on them long time ago but have just got a 1/10 tamiya nitro its sat on shelf until i can face the crap your going through

today i tried starting up my rc engine and its not starting. it has been sitting for 2 weeks. when i poor fuel straight into the engine to help get it started it will crank up for about 1 or 2 seconds then die because its outa fuel when the tank is full. Any suggestions? :eek:

The oil ratio is the problem. Your fouling out the plug with 25:1. I only run 50:1 now and it starts on the second pull every time.:)

The oil ratio is the problem. Your fouling out the plug with 25:1. I only run 50:1 now and it starts on the second pull every time.:)

As discussed numerous times, you're the only one fouling plugs at 25:1. Please for the love of god stop recommending people run 50:1. Do you want to be responsible for someones damaged engine? Because that's what will happen. Your engine will start on the first pull if you run 100% fuel. Doesn't mean you should do it.

And, it's apparent that reading about the details is not your thing, this guy is running a nitro engine. Not a 2 stroke.

As discussed numerous times, you're the only one fouling plugs at 25:1. Please for the love of god stop recommending people run 50:1. Do you want to be responsible for someones damaged engine? Because that's what will happen. Your engine will start on the first pull if you run 100% fuel. Doesn't mean you should do it.

And, it's apparent that reading about the details is not your thing, this guy is running a nitro engine. Not a 2 stroke.

I will take 100% resoponsibility for any comments I put on this foum. I am not a manufacture so go ahead and try to collect. The truth is very clear. Make sure all clearity is posted in the first responce not at the end!:lol:

I will take 100% resoponsibility for any comments I put on this foum. I am not a manufacture so go ahead and try to collect. The truth is very clear. Make sure all clearity is posted in the first responce not at the end!:lol:

Thats why this is called a forum so there will be many posting if you are only going to read the first post you are in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!!!!! And telling a new 5th scaler to run 50:1 is crazy and setting them up for trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!

your names not assad by anychance is it,he knew it all as well,but to be honest what he did know you could write on the back of a first class stamp

50/1 yeah its ok for chainsaws but thats all if you want to run it fine but i wouldn't or recomend it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks