engine oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody has different views, mixed a tankful of petrol for my FG Baja at christmas then ran it for bout 20-30 mins. It has been standing since then and took it out easter weekend and it ran perfect.

Our gas in the states has ethanol, the ethanol attracts water and it builds up in the gas can. When ingested by the engine it pushes away the oil and can cause piston to cylinder scoring and seizing . this water build up can happen as soon as 3 weeks.

how long can i store engine oil and gas mix in my FG truck tank and still use it?

I wouldnt leave fuel in my buggy tank after use. I would drain the tank. Premix can start to degrade in as little as 24 hours, as in separate. Store mixture in container. Just shake gas can to remix. Over time the oil doesn't lose it lubricating properties, the gas can go stale, especially if stored in a not very tight sealing plastic can. Stored in a steel can, gas can be used much longer. Moisture can get to the gas and deteriorate the gas, go stale. Useable but losses its punch. Myself, after 2 weeks I toss it. Gas is cheap. :rockon:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks