Engine porting - Performance Unlimited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 HP is noe problem at all. the problem is that if you want that much Horsepower the lack off low end torque will be to heavy.
you would probobly have to change the cars gearing to get igt going at all.
don't look so much at the HP spec on the engines. take a good look at wht the different engines deloiver in thw lower RPM range.

the other ? is durability. i do see 7hp being hard to make from a piston port. but 7hp is nice to have, if it will make it more than 2 or 3 tanks of fuel.

imho, if you want a TOP OF THE LINE Ported Motor, go to DDM and buy ANYthing that says FULLY PORTED AND MODDED BY ESP. Doug is one of the best builders anywhere. Motors are Strong, Solid, and have ooodles of power available. they are also some of the lest expensive ported motors. now ill be the first to say in rc, you get what you pay for, but when it comest o ported/modded motors, thats not always true as is the case here. ESP's Motors are freaking Mean. I have around 8 gallons on my ESP 27.2. still starts in 2 or 3 pulls, runs like a raped ape with a ass rash, and has been problem free with exception to a plug or 2.

the other ? is durability. i do see 7hp being hard to make from a piston port. but 7hp is nice to have, if it will make it more than 2 or 3 tanks of fuel.

imho, if you want a TOP OF THE LINE Ported Motor, go to DDM and buy ANYthing that says FULLY PORTED AND MODDED BY ESP. Doug is one of the best builders anywhere. Motors are Strong, Solid, and have ooodles of power available. they are also some of the lest expensive ported motors. now ill be the first to say in rc, you get what you pay for, but when it comest o ported/modded motors, thats not always true as is the case here. ESP's Motors are freaking Mean. I have around 8 gallons on my ESP 27.2. still starts in 2 or 3 pulls, runs like a raped ape with a ass rash, and has been problem free with exception to a plug or 2.
I agree, I have one of Dougs fully ported and modded 30.5s and that thing is sweet. I have it installed in my MCD MT and it throws it around like its a rag doll. The only issue I've had was I blew out the paper head gasket but I replaced it with a copper one and haven't had a problem since.

With all else the same is there a noticable difference going from the 28.9cc motor to the 30.5cc motor? The only difference being 1mm bigger on the piston.

I'm thiking that if I am going to do this I might as well go all the way.

I would have prefered to get an ESP motor but he doesn't port for customers direct anymore, other than TS reed motors.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks