Engine rebuild-worth it or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timdill969

Reading the Rules!
I have a few 26cc and 29cc sitting around that I just ran into the ground.I can't say how many tanks I've ran through them.I have 5-1/5 scale and run all of them pretty hard.I run each of them at least 4-8 hours a week.I've won most of my motors on eBay and bought/won them,which I think is pretty cheap.($99.00-$200.00)I bought a couples obr engines that I would rebuild if they died on me.I also paided a lot more for those due to the Hp and all the machining.I will not buy knock off's.Is it worth rebuilding or should I just buy a new one.Weather I'm rich or poor,I don't want to spend a lot of money and/or time rebuilding'em.What do you guys think????

if u gonna rebuild,, kits with a ported head,, new crank,, will run u at least 150 bucks,, new bearings in case than,,, another 50 perhaps,, this is for a 2 bolt,, you can buy a g290 28.5 cc prostock long block from obr for 219 bucks,, and put your covers , flywheel, coil , carb and clutch on,, and have a 5 plus hp 4 bolt with there billet tr/obr crank case

Last edited:
I enjoy rebuilding them, so I'd pop for the top end kits if the bottom ends don't leak and the bearings still feel good. Most stock and big bore top end kits 2 and 4 bolt are less than $80 ea.....worth it in my opinion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks