Engine Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audison

Hello everyone, I am new to the 1/5 scale gas scene. I was recently given a losi 5ive t, with a seized engine . I need to remove it and replace with a new one. I've searched a bit and have not found much as far as step by step videos. Does anyone have a link? I plan on installing a zenoah 29cc as a replacement part number ZENE29RC. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is quite simple really, remove the fuel lines to the carb and plug em temporary with some bolts.
Remove the throttle linkage to the carb.
If there is a tuned pipe remove any bolts attached to the chassis.
Then remove the 4 bolts holding the engine in place on the chassis and just lift the engine out.

If you are using a 29cc you only need to switch the fan cover with the one from the old engine or alternately reverse one of the pinion plates if you want to use the zenoah cover.
If I were you though I would go with the 32 cc engine, but then you will need a shortened clutch housing.
Just use the clutch from the old engine on the new one and reinstall. Like I said, really not that complicated at all.

Hello everyone, I am new to the 1/5 scale gas scene. I was recently given a losi 5ive t, with a seized engine . I need to remove it and replace with a new one. I've searched a bit and have not found much as far as step by step videos. Does anyone have a link? I plan on installing a zenoah 29cc as a replacement part number ZENE29RC. Thanks in advance!
You can call me and I'll explain it to You.
352-801-1242 Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks