Engine revs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brimor

Hey guys, I have a rampage xt and when I apply the brakes when its stopped the engine revs up then comes back down. Anyone know why, thanks.

Check the throttle linkage. Adjust the collars so it's not binding and pulling the shaft on the carb making it loose. Then adjust the travel on the remote while looking at the pull start side of carb. Make sure it's not full throttle before your servo gets to the end of its travel. Otherwise carb will be fully open and the servo will keep pulling when there really isn't any more movement for the carb to open more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the throttle linkage. Adjust the collars so it's not binding and pulling the shaft on the carb making it loose. Then adjust the travel on the remote while looking at the pull start side of carb. Make sure it's not full throttle before your servo gets to the end of its travel. Otherwise carb will be fully open and the servo will keep pulling when there really isn't any more movement for the carb to open more.
Thanks, I'll try and see if that helps.

Check the plastic slider that the rod goes through as well on the servo horn. Some time the rod gets worn and doesn't slide properly. Maybe drill it out a little that will give it better movement.

Check the plastic slider that the rod goes through as well on the servo horn. Some time the rod gets worn and doesn't slide properly. Maybe drill it out a little that will give it better movement.
Thanks again, will give it a try.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks