Engine tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandanery

I read the articles on engine tuning and think I have mine tuned alright. I'm just worried about leaning it out to much and toasting the engine. I have a bone stock Firehammer mt. My question is, is it typical to have the HSN @<1 turn and the LSN @< 1 turn for a final set up. My spark plug is a lite gray color. I have been messing with the LSN to get the popping sound gone then running it a bit and tuning the HSN by ear until the rev's are the highest. Again my needles wind up being less than one full turn from fully closed.

The truck won't even run with the baseline needle settings.

Ya, I haven't tightened to hard on the needles. I have been running a fuel oil mix of 25:1 and 32:1. The exhaust will leave oil droplets on my hand. Not to much visible smoke though. I just realized it could be the gas, been sitting around awhile. This is about my sixth tank of fuel using the same old gas. I think I might have leaned it to much on the tank burned prior to today. Again the plug is usually light gray or a darker shade of gray.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks