Engine Types?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown460

Hi peoples, I'm new to this large scale stuff and currently looking around for a second hand FG Marder.
Theres a few i've come across, and with what i've read on forums etc the zenoah engines tend to be better?

I've seen CY Zenoah and occasionally Solo? I saw a Marder i was interested in yesterday, when i asked what engine was in it i was told it was an "FG Team engine" of which i've never heard of, and can't seem to find anything out about them?
The car it's in is virtually brand new, with about one tank of fuel going through it..

Any help on this one please? ever heard of it/is it any good?
Thanks
James

Fg did what a lot of manufactures do and relabeled their motors on the older FG's. They now keep the Zen stickers on the motors knowing it sells the product with a good named motor. You will have to ask the seller what the side of the head on the motor says. It will be stamped with the name Chung Yang (CY) or Zenoah.

Thanks for the almost instant reply :cool2:
I think this forum may be of great use to me in the near future!
I've asked seller exactly what you've said, hopefully i'll get a sensible reply!
Cheers

Ahh i've seen that sticker a few times, before i was looking seriously at buying one, just couldn't have taken any notice of it!
Thanks a lot for your help

Last edited:
I have 2 FG Engines that are Solos. The FG Solo will be made in Germany and have that on them. And each motor has a serial number. I still have to open one up to see how the heads and such bolt up, but I will say these solos scream. I've always run cy or zenoahs before (I some other motor in the Dynamic but can't remember what it was off hand. I could call the guy up that owns it now)

Sorry thought i would revive my old thread instead of making more mess...

I've just bought a marder which was listed as a 26CC Zenoah, with picture of a Zenoah pullstart on it. When i've looked closely on receiving it, the head/block is stamped with CY! (thanks for that idea) theres also a sticker down one side with
CY70563B is it possible to tell what CC this engine is? as its going back if i can manage it, as its not as described :no:

Oh, I can't measure anything accurately as i don't have any verniers etc with me, so that idea's out the window to start with..

Thanks

It should have a number stamped on the opposite side ie 28 32 which is 23cc 28 34 which is 26cc - 28 35 27cc - 28 36 28.5cc 30 35 29cc - 30 36 30.5cc

hope this helps

Stevo

Thankyou! we've had a close look (not seen that before) and it says 28 32 so it is a 23CC CY when sold as a 26CC Zenoah :nono: not what i bought at all. Unless they've changed it which wasn't mentioned either.

Thanks a lot for your help, its going back whether they like it or not.

Yeah it wasn't exactly fair, i bought it off fleabay, so i'm trying to return it, as it wasn't as described, maybe they didn't know, i dunno, so i've bitten the bullet and bought a new one :crying:
As you say, without this forum i wouldn't have known at all, so thanks everyone!

One more thing, seeing as it's engine related(ish) the 2 plastic gears that come as standard (the one off engine and the one on (layshaft is it?)
Are their metal counterparts the same width, or are they slightly narrower? I ask because i'm putting a topstox chassis on which has been built by someone who knows their measurements for these chassis, and there is next to no gap between the chassis rails which touch the pullstart on one side and the gears on the other, i will change the gears to metal, just wondering if it will then maybe fit?
Thanks

Last edited:
When you get your new buggy, if it's an FG, they have upgraded the pinion (One on the clutch bell) to metal. You will only have to upgrade the large gear (Spur) and the carrier it is attached to. The metal gears are thinner then the plastic ones.:)

It might have been on the shelf a while, as they're both plastic, i'll upgrade when funds have been replenished, 2015 maybe :blink: Though i remember him changing the gears for me, to something i can run for what im racing.
Not too worried about its age if he hadn't changed em, as i got a very good deal on it, thanks for letting me know they're thinner, might be a bit more breathing space then!
Cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks